Spyder Garage

Default Before I go to dealership (again) EBD/VSS/ABS fault, sometimes engine light P0900

Not sure if this is related or not, but I had a bad ground bolt underneath my seat, was loose and would not tighten

After several hours, we managed to get the old one out and put a new one in, hooked up battery (which is 2 years old) and bike starts up every time

Now I sometimes get the check engine light and then it disappears (when it did come up, i made sure to check the code P0900)

Now everything resets when i turn it off and within a minute, i get the 3 faults

EBD/VSS/ABS

Anyone know what would be causing all these issues and is the ground problem a result ?.

I know there isn't much time left in the driving season, not sure I wanna take it to the dealership this year or wait until next Spring.

Thanks for all the help/advice!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by laser1972 View Post
    Not sure if this is related or not, but I had a bad ground bolt underneath my seat, was loose and would not tighten

After several hours, we managed to get the old one out and put a new one in, hooked up battery (which is 2 years old) and bike starts up every time

Now I sometimes get the check engine light and then it disappears (when it did come up, i made sure to check the code P0900)

Now everything resets when i turn it off and within a minute, i get the 3 faults

EBD/VSS/ABS

Anyone know what would be causing all these issues and is the ground problem a result ?.

I know there isn't much time left in the driving season, not sure I wanna take it to the dealership this year or wait until next Spring.

Thanks for all the help/advice!
    Why did you use a NEW bolt ??? .... I have Always put STAR washers on the batt terminals and grounds on my motorcycles ( they shake etc. ) and never had one loosen by itself .... just a thought ..... I suggest you remove the batt. connections, touch the leads together and wait about 10 min. .... then re-attach and see if anything changes !!!! ... I don't leave the key in the ignition, I put it on the dash surround ..... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

From SpyderCodes app P0900: Clutch modulation solenoids shorted to ground or open circuit. Hopefully just bumped a connection loose. Everything resets after starting trip meters & such: double check battery for clean tight terminals & good solid charge maybe a load test.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I know when my battery went it started displaying similar icons

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Why did you use a NEW bolt ??? .... I have Always put STAR washers on the batt terminals and grounds on my motorcycles ( they shake etc. ) and never had one loosen by itself .... just a thought ..... I suggest you remove the batt. connections, touch the leads together and wait about 10 min. .... then re-attach and see if anything changes !!!! ... I don't leave the key in the ignition, I put it on the dash surround ..... good luck .... Mike

The old one would not tighten anymore with the nut, when we pulled it, the threads were bad at the end so it would not hold..

Spyder Garage

Update: I checked the terminals on the battery and the positive (red) was a tad loose, going to the hardware store to get star washers and taking the battery to be tested to make sure its still good

Ill let you all know what the result is... God, I hope its that simple

Spyder Garage

Well after i got my new battery yesterday (had to be charged overnight) , i put everything back in, made sure the terminals were tight and started it up

Same codes as before, but P0600 (ecm module) error was reported..

I think something electrical got loose etc as when we changed the ground bolt etc, maybe we bumped something

Anyway, put the cover on it for the year , and going to get it looked at next year or selling it

I must have got a lemon, as this bike has cost me $$$$ and within 2 years, I have put less than 2,000 miles on it

I think the previous owner rode it hard and fast and I'm paying the price for that..