Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Fall weather / colors

WOW I just finished three days of " darn near perfect weather " .... which is unusual for Vermont ..... perfect temps in the high 70's ( one 82 F day ) almost cloudless sky's with brilliant colors .... I stayed within 40 mile radius of my home, on mostly back roads, some of which were hard packed gravel / dirt. I noticed today that my favorite mountain twistie road is going to close on Oct. 15th .... I stopped and spoke to a home owner who told me, they did this not because they thought it might snow, but because if we get a hard frost even a 4 WD wouldn't be able to climb the mountain ..... I get that, on my 14 RT, I go up in 2nd & 3rd, gear at max RPM's. Most of the sharp turns are posted at ... 15 mph ... I can and ... better, but not by a lot. The road is similar to the Mt Washington toll road but steeper and narrower .... like 7 - 8 ft. lanes. ..... Zero room for error - No shoulders, no guard rails. It's a really fun road annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd it's perfectly smooth, which is very unusual for Vt. because we get terrible " frost heaves " which later turn into " pot-holes " ..... The reason it stays smooth is because the road is closed from Oct. 15th to May 1st. and usually accumulates about 6 - 8 feet of snow. So the ground never freezes. .... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

IMG_20211009_114412375_HDR.jpg
    We rode the adirondacks last weekend. Was really nice!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

IMG_20211009_104747068_HDR.jpg
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    IMG_20211009_104747068_HDR.jpg
    Glad up& going again

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

I was up in Rangeley Maine this past weekend. Pics speak for themselves.

My Mods:
    Elka Stage 5 rear shock with spring preload adjust
    Monster Stage 2 ECU
    Pedal Commander
    RLS cat delete
    Baja Ron sway bar
    Baker Air Wings upper and lower
    Viking saddle bags
    Third pegs
    Vredestein tires front and rear
    Mad Stad windshield
    X-creen windshield deflector
    Front and rear drive cam
    Garmin Zumo XT
    Heated gear wiring
    Lamonster LED headlights
    Lamonster LED foglights
    Lamonster frame mount cupholder
    BRP heated handgrips
    Lamonster drivers backrest
    BRP passenger backrest
    Lidlock handlebar end helmet locks
    Barkbusters Storm handguards
    2020 F3S-SS , Titanium/Black

Spyder Garage

We were planning a ride from Wellsboro to Tupper lake this weekend. Run around tupper and placid a bit. Hit little blue, owl etc for some great views but were going to cancel now. Glad you guys got it in before this weekend. Rain Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning and dropping to the 50’s. That’s not really that cold but with the leaves flying all over sticking to the road and wet roads……..That’s just asking for trouble with 2 up. Looks better next week. Has been a great fall! Great pictures!

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    WOW I just finished three days of " darn near perfect weather " .... which is unusual for Vermont ..... perfect temps in the high 70's ( one 82 F day ) almost cloudless sky's with brilliant colors .... I stayed within 40 mile radius of my home, on mostly back roads, some of which were hard packed gravel / dirt. I noticed today that my favorite mountain twistie road is going to close on Oct. 15th .... I stopped and spoke to a home owner who told me, they did this not because they thought it might snow, but because if we get a hard frost even a 4 WD wouldn't be able to climb the mountain ..... I get that, on my 14 RT, I go up in 2nd & 3rd, gear at max RPM's. Most of the sharp turns are posted at ... 15 mph ... I can and ... better, but not by a lot. The road is similar to the Mt Washington toll road but steeper and narrower .... like 7 - 8 ft. lanes. ..... Zero room for error - No shoulders, no guard rails. It's a really fun road annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd it's perfectly smooth, which is very unusual for Vt. because we get terrible " frost heaves " which later turn into " pot-holes " ..... The reason it stays smooth is because the road is closed from Oct. 15th to May 1st. and usually accumulates about 6 - 8 feet of snow. So the ground never freezes. .... Mike
    Blueknight911, I dont think you really went riding, no pics. No pics, no ride.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

That sounds like a lot of fun. We were in the Maggie Valley area last week/weekend for spyderadventures. Didn't get to see a lot of color though. I was hoping to make a a day trip to the Boone and Grandfather's mountain area Saturday, but now they are talking about rain. My daughter is going up there today (she went to App State), and I told her to give me a leaf report. If things are looking good, maybe I can make it up there the following weekend.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    That sounds like a lot of fun. We were in the Maggie Valley area last week/weekend for spyderadventures. Didn't get to see a lot of color though. I was hoping to make a a day trip to the Boone and Grandfather's mountain area Saturday, but now they are talking about rain. My daughter is going up there today (she went to App State), and I told her to give me a leaf report. If things are looking good, maybe I can make it up there the following weekend.
    I think it's too early for your colors yet .... Ours just peaked this week, and we're 500 miles north of you folks ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

Went Tuesday up through Sacandaga Lake along South Shore then North Shore road through Lake Luzerne ,Lake George then to Warrensburg.
    Came back down Northway at about 7:30 at night , temp was 69 degrees with light jacket and was not cold.
    Beautiful ride for this time of year.
    2015 RT Limited , Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Sounds like you would be a good candidate for a ride up Mt. Judea (Mt. Judy). We do it about twice a month now.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I'm planning on doing the BRP from Ashville to Cherokee in about a week and a half. Hopefully the colors will be on then.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Well, it is now the middle of October, high temperatures of 50°F, low temps of 37°F.....the fall colours are in their prime and here I sit, in my living room looking outside at all the rain we’re getting....ho-hum!

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    I'm planning on doing the BRP from Ashville to Cherokee in about a week and a half. Hopefully the colors will be on then.
    There is already pretty good color in that area. Anything above 5000 ft. is in peak color. But in a week and a half, there will still be some color between 3000-4000 feet. If I do not get to go this weekend, I will be going the next.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Color here has peaked. This is a drive we took last week along the Nebo Loop.P1100235.jpgP1100213.jpg

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Default Fall weather/colors

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Sounds like you would be a good candidate for a ride up Mt. Judea (Mt. Judy). We do it about twice a month now.
    Sounds like a nice ride.

Deanna
    Last edited by Deanna777; 10-15-2021 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Removed post

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Spyder Garage

Sue and I where in the White Mountain are last Thursday thru Monday. Colors are there but not very vibrant, we thought they were on the dull side. There was alot of traffic. Leaf Peapers everywhere. Went Down East today and this part of Maine is in peak color. Bruce
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    (off Topic, The road that Mike Blueknight911 is talking about usually TT units or Buses that get stuck, because of very sharp turns( there are large rocks beside the road,) and there are large orange state( of Vermont) signs that say "TT units will not fit and your GPS is wrong, and TT units must stay on Route 15. The tt units that get stuck pay a fine, plus they pay for the resource's to get them out. The route is a very busy tourist area, with hikers, walkers, it is near Stowe, VT. area. Sorry !).

Deanna
    Off, off topic .... 777 you are talking about " the notch road " near Stowe VT ....... I was talking about the " Warren / Lincoln Gap " road ... I don't think you have ever been on it. It's south of Rt 17, goes from Rt 100 to Rt. 116. .....PS they paved Rt 17 from German Flats Rd. to the Top .... and they just re-paved the road in front of your old house ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by safecracker View Post
    Sue and I where in the White Mountain are last Thursday thru Monday. Colors are there but not very vibrant, we thought they were on the dull side. There was alot of traffic. Leaf Peapers everywhere. Went Down East today and this part of Maine is in peak color. Bruce
    Bruce, in Vermont the colors have been " spotty " also .... area's in the State that had less water this summer are also Dull compared to others .... my area got plenty of rain this past summer. ..... The next time you guys visit I'll take you up the Warren Gap road , it's breath-taking ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Off, off topic .... 777 you are talking about " the notch road " near Stowe VT ....... I was talking about the " Warren / Lincoln Gap " road ... I don't think you have ever been on it. It's south of Rt 17, goes from Rt 100 to Rt. 116. .....PS they paved Rt 17 from German Flats Rd. to the Top .... and they just re-paved the road in front of your old house ...... Mike
    Yes, I have been on "Warren /Lincoln Gap road on the spyder, I know where it is.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Spyder Garage

Here in NW Iowa we do not get a lot of fall color, but we do get some great skies.
    David Petrick
    Certified Professional Photographer
    2020 Limited Dark , Magma Red Black