Spyder Garage

Default 2020+ Dash Center Mount for a GPS

New user..first post.

I am grateful for boards like this as they helped me enjoy my 2004 Goldwing that much more...thanks to all for your input and thanks in advance for any help...now on to 3 wheels.

Expecting a 2022 s2s in Feb 2022. Really prefer a dash center mount for my GPS...I have viewed what is available for the 2010 thru 2019 years....those mounted with 2 screws on the dash..have seen nothing for a 2020+.

I am hoping that there are some 2020+ owners out there and that you will share a center mount pic with wire routing and supplier for me to use.

I live in Pearland , Texas, just south of Houston. Thanks

Spyder Garage

I have mine mounted off the center of the bars using ram mounts. You can choose how high you want it with the link length.
    The wiring goes thru the head stock under the right speaker grille and down forward to the GPS dummy plug behind the black panel. You'll probably have to remove the lower painted and right frunt panel too'
    Here's the simplest way to mount: https://www.lamonstergarage.com/can-...all-lamonster/

Or: https://www.lamonstergarage.com/can-...unt-lamonster/
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

BRP make a mount for the center of the handlebars. This set up is for my Garmin XT.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

I will post pictures tomorrow. What I did was use a flat base ball mount and short ram arm and using 3M automotive dubbed back tape on the flat stick it to the center of the dash (on the top of the dash). I ran the power wires around the right side of the dash through the windshield arm opening to the power feed on the right side. This feed is powered with key on so you don't need the Spyder running.
    I did this to both my 2020 RTL and my wife's 2021 Sea to Sky.
    What's great is you never need to take your eyes off the road to see it.
    Our 2014 RTL came with a GPS that was mounted in the middle of the handlebars and I always had to take my eyes off the road to look down at it. Especially with a full face helmet.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

I used the bar clamp from Lamonster. Didn't use the ball part though. The powered mount from Garmin fits perfect on the bar clamp without the ball and is at the perfect angle for me. Simply route the power wire to the connection point inside the right cover. There are lots of videos showing this process. If you get the lights added to the floorboard the connector for power will already be used. I simply tied into this point also.

Can Am Spyder F3 Bar Clamp with 1" Ball (LG-1023) by Lamonster $69.95
    1 × Lamonster F3 and 2020 RT Bar Clamp with 1" Ball

Zumo XT, Motorcycle Mount Bracket and Motorcycle Power Cable (LGA-010-12953-00/010-12953-03) $59.95
    1 × Zumo XT, Motorcycle Mount Bracket and Motorcycle Power Cable

20210706_222329000_iOS.jpg

Spyder Garage

Here are the pictures.

Not sure why these came out sideways and upside down. Tried to fix, but didn't work.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Thanks to all for the responses,,,all good stuff to consider.

PW2013STL where did you get the ball mount?..the base looks larger than those I have seen. Also any vibration issues? Thanks all.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lrogers621 View Post
    Thanks to all for the responses,,,all good stuff to consider.

PW2013STL where did you get the ball mount?..the base looks larger than those I have seen. Also any vibration issues? Thanks all.
    RAM-B-202 part number. Do an online search for best price. No vibration in the 27,000 miles it's been on.

but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Thank you

Spyder Garage

Thanks PW, I might steal that for my ‘21RT. The stock positioning for my XT on the centre bar bracket does indeed take your eyes off the road. Are there any licensing rights to be paid? If yes, my check’s in the mail

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red