Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Tires are hard to find

Seems like tires are hard to come by. Tried several local store for inventory and can’t even order the size for the front. Finally found some Conti Pro Contact in 165/60/15. Found them at Wal Mart of all places and still had to order them. Supposed to be here Sunday, we’ll see. Hope these will work. Their not the original size (165/55/15).

27923582-B741-40A4-8D49-3A39B90FA5DD.jpg

Spyder Garage

Have you tried tirerack.com ?
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Yes. Several online stores. Thanks

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just ordered a tire from Tire Rack and got it in two days.

Spyder Garage

Tire Rack says it can be delivered “when available” and/or it’s backordered. Could be where I live??? IDK. Good ole Wally World says they’l have it here Sunday. I’ll just have to wait & see. If it doesn’t show up, time for plan B…???

Spyder Garage

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Number of stories about looming auto tire shortages, so not surprised that the size we use are harder to find since those are not the most used by auto manufactures.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Kenda influencing market (delivery)problems

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

All those tires are sitting on off-shore container ships waiting in line to be unloaded. Tires may be dry-rotted by the time they hit dealers.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Just an off the cuff thought.

Looming tire shortages for cars, autos waiting for computer chips, difficult availability for many new cars...

Is this some kind of secret ploy so that everyone will get mad at their cars and jump on the electric ones when they are available?

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Just an off the cuff thought.

Looming tire shortages for cars, autos waiting for computer chips, difficult availability for many new cars...

Is this some kind of secret ploy so that everyone will get mad at their cars and jump on the electric ones when they are available?
    .... don't the electric have tires also ????? ........... Mike

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LooseCannon View Post
    Seems like tires are hard to come by. Tried several local store for inventory and can’t even order the size for the front. Finally found some Conti Pro Contact in 165/60/15. Found them at Wal Mart of all places and still had to order them. Supposed to be here Sunday, we’ll see. Hope these will work. Their not the original size (165/55/15).
    Were you looking for tires in the OEM size, same as the Kendas that come on the Spyder? If so, that's why you don't find any. They don't exist except for Kendas and maybe Kumhos. If you want to put car tires on your Spyder you need to use a slightly different size than OEM.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

There are serious supply chain problems from computer chips to chinese noodles. There are many hundreds of container ships off the So. California coast waiting and waiting to be unloaded. There are also trucking difficulties and fuel have gone up A LOT. I'd love to say things are going to get better but alas--------

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Sharp, very sharp...can't fool you people.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Just received Quadtrac (old style) 165-60-15 from tire rack, What a difference. They should be in stock now

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fastfreddy View Post
    Just received Quadtrac (old style) 165-60-15 from tire rack, What a difference. They should be in stock now
    That's the " Q - 5 ", you are lucky, not many here have been able to get those ( production / shipping delays ) ..... Peter and I recommend 15-17 front & 18-19 rear for best ride ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

running 17, feel great so far just got about 100 miles so far

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    And computer chips?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LooseCannon View Post

27923582-B741-40A4-8D49-3A39B90FA5DD.jpg
    Just got my Altimax 215/60/15 from tire rack last week. They sent a very fresh tire produced in Aug. of this year. Then I went to Harbor Freight to purchase their $189 lift that just went up to $219. My bad for procrastinating. Looks like it will work. https://www.harborfreight.com/1500-l...ift-63397.html

Spyder Garage

Turning 20K miles on my F3 now. OEM fronts usually give up to 25K for me (across all seven spyders). I want to be able to ride all winter, so having mine changed out next Wednesday. Lamonster Garage is my go to place, and currently only Kenda OEM's are available. i am one of the few that are all right with that, as I have been getting 20-25K on the fronts and 15K on the rear.

Wanted better, but no choice this go around.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post

There are serious supply chain problems from computer chips to chinese noodles. There are many hundreds of container ships off the So. California coast waiting and waiting to be unloaded. There are also trucking difficulties and fuel have gone up A LOT. I'd love to say things are going to get better but alas--------

Lew L
    Nothing like a bit of hyperbole to get attention.
    Unless your definition of "many hundreds" is something like "a hundred".
    As of Sept. 23, there were 73 container ships outside LA ports.
    Figures change over time, of course...

From: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ds/5797859001/

First, the headline: "The claim: There are more than 1,000 cargo ships off the coast of California that are not allowed to dock or unload"

"Kip Louttit, executive director of the Marine Exchange of Southern California, told USA TODAY that, as of Sept. 21, there were 153 ships of all types at both the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach. Of those, 64 were at dock loading or unloading cargo, 60 were at anchor and 29 were adrift off the coast." So basically about 90 ships more than normal. It's a lot, yes. But "many hundreds"?
    2014 RT - SE6 , Black

Spyder Garage

What size do you recommend in the Quadtrac for the fronts and what size for the rear? I have a 2016 RT. I ordered the wrong ones from Tire Rack that I am returning. Thanks. Nick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Madison Sully View Post
    Nothing like a bit of hyperbole to get attention.
    Unless your definition of "many hundreds" is something like "a hundred".
    As of Sept. 23, there were 73 container ships outside LA ports.
    Figures change over time, of course...

From: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ds/5797859001/

First, the headline: "The claim: There are more than 1,000 cargo ships off the coast of California that are not allowed to dock or unload"

"Kip Louttit, executive director of the Marine Exchange of Southern California, told USA TODAY that, as of Sept. 21, there were 153 ships of all types at both the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach. Of those, 64 were at dock loading or unloading cargo, 60 were at anchor and 29 were adrift off the coast." So basically about 90 ships more than normal. It's a lot, yes. But "many hundreds"?
    Well I'll be more subdued in the future. Although I should have included the container ships languishing at our ports other than L.A. Even just those 90 ships are Many thousands of containers at one port. Even our esteemed Secretary of Transportation says it will be a long time before it's cleared.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yardageman View Post
    What size do you recommend in the Quadtrac for the fronts and what size for the rear? I have a 2016 RT. I ordered the wrong ones from Tire Rack that I am returning. Thanks. Nick
    I PM'd you with the answer ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Were you looking for tires in the OEM size, same as the Kendas that come on the Spyder? If so, that's why you don't find any. They don't exist except for Kendas and maybe Kumhos. If you want to put car tires on your Spyder you need to use a slightly different size than OEM.
    I got my OEM size Federal Formoza AZ01 tires from Walmart.com. picked them up and took them to my local tire shop to have them mounted and balanced and filled to 17psi with nitrogen.
    2015 RTS SE6 Special Series Red/Black w/Magnesium front fenders(bought in Nov. 2018 w/9,400 miles)
    Dynojet Power Commander V, Power Commander POD-300 Display, PCV Map Switch, Pedal Commander (WOW)
    Passenger Arm Rests, Windshield Air Wing
    Baja Ron's Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters
    Air Scoops, LaMonster's Hiway Pegs
    Magnetic Mirror Mounts, Air Innovations Seat Cushion
    Red Chrome pin striping on Black hood
    Federal Formoza AZ01 front tires (they're GREAT)
    Kumho Ecsta AST KU25 All-Season Tire - 225/50R15 91H
    LED bars above radiator inlets
    LED brake/running/turn signals on license plate frame
    Tag-Along trailer
    LED headlights LED fog lights (WOW)
    2" x 2" Road Lights inside front fenders
    7' x 10' Cargo trailer
    Garmin 396 LM GPS
    RLS Cat-delete resonator with China Akropovic muffler
    New Banshee AGM
    M3 TPMS on front tires
    Remote Control for Heated Jacket and Heated Riding Pants
    Analog Clock and Analog Volt Meter
    Loose Nut Behind Handlebars
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black