Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brp go

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by shardt View Post
    I am not sure if this is only on the new bikes but on my 2021 RTL I can use several music apps such as Plex and Spotify via Bluetooth connected through the bike and all works good including controlling the track, play, and pause. Both these apps allow to download the music local for off-line playing.

Just curious…..How do you use Spotify etc if BRP Go/Connect has control of your phone, shardt ?

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I used it this afternoon on a ride and SiriusXM played in the helmet and Rever displayed in the dash. I started both apps on the phone (iPhone 11) before connecting BRP Go and they worked. The ride was logged and the music played.
    David Petrick
    Certified Professional Photographer
    2020 Limited Dark , Magma Red Black

Spyder Garage

A new video about how to use BRP Go, from BRP on YouTube.
    David Petrick

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post
    Looks great, do I have to have the bike updated to use it, or just download the new app?
    So far the app is new and replaces BRP Connect. No work on if the dash firmware will get an update.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Just curious…..How do you use Spotify etc if BRP Go/Connect has control of your phone, shardt ?

Pete
    As mentioned, you get whatever music playing before connecting it to the bike.Then control it in the main volume menu. Advance or play again is all you can do. Dash Radio app is free and controllable with the joystick just like the other apps.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

You have to start Spotify and select your play list/station before you connect the phone to the bike.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    As mentioned, you get whatever music playing before connecting it to the bike.Then control it in the main volume menu. Advance or play again is all you can do. Dash Radio app is free and controllable with the joystick just like the other apps.
    Thanks Flamewinger. Unfortunately, Dash Radio is not available out here so we are snookered. Hopefully Dash Radio will work on making it globally available.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

One Facebook post gives a response from BRP that they are working on getting the Music app. Apple is pretty serious about their system. Hoping for an update soon.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Played with it a bit over the weekend. Seemed to work well on a short ride. Had to do some Bluetooth repairing, and can report that the Bluetooth side is working well for me. I usually only use the BT connection, unless I go on a long ride and I want the phone battery to last the entire ride. Will keep playing with it.
    David Petrick

Spyder Garage

One Facebook post gives a response from BRP that they are working on getting the Music app. Apple is pretty serious about their system. Hoping for an update soon.
    Great to hear, Flamewinger……thanks for the update …… I’ll still use my XT as my navigation tool as I find it far better for my needs than Sygic, but the BRP C joystick system works very well for the rest.

Pete

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Played with getting the BRP Go app setup.

I'm a tech guy and it was a pretty bad.

AFAIK, there is no back button that I could find to get out of a menu option.

I'll use my phone on a holder before I would use that app for GPS.

Not sure what else if any uses I have for it.

Tom

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Mine is quite useless, I have an iPhone holder. Why would I drive myself nuts trying to figure it out? I wonder if anyone at BRP understands it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dusty1300 View Post

Tom
    To go back, you hold the joystick to the left. Release when it goes back to where you would like to stop.
    2020 RT Limited , ASPHALT GREY METALLIC - DARK EDITION

Spyder Garage

Tom
    Tom, The back button is there, but as you say, it really isn’t intuitive. I also struggled (and I too spent my life in IT at all levels). I finally got comfortable with BRP Connect, and was using it to fully control my iPhone music, take phone calls/texts ( not that I answer when I’m riding), check FOBO, as the joystick is soooooo easy to operate while on the move. I use a Garmin XT for GPS as it has a bigger, clearer display and is far easier to reprogram on the road.

BUT……when BRP released GO, they did not release it with the option to control your iPhone Music, which made it next to useless for me. I only check FOBO occasionally (and it will warm me of an issue anyway), and I don’t NEED phone/text while riding. I thought, “OK”, I’ll revert to BRP Connect……nup……BRP have removed Connect from the App Store. It’s this sort of short sightedness that frustrates users and earns negative comments…….and BRP appear to be the World Champions at it.

So now, everything is handled, brilliantly, by my Garmin XT (albeit without an easy to use joystick). BRP say they are looking to reinstall the Music controller in GO, but I’m not holding my breath, and may not even go back to GO when they do. (Through frustration).

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralS View Post
    To go back, you hold the joystick to the left. Release when it goes back to where you would like to stop.
    Ok, so does a long press do other things in there at other times?

I don't know if I would have ever got that one. Maybe by accident.

BTW, do these joystick buttons, cruise, and the ones on the tank ever loosen up?

I like a firm button, but I have to really push hard to operate them.

That could be good in the long run if they hold up better.

Another question came to mind.... When playing music via Bluetooth from my phone, is there a pause feature on the joystick? I believe I can only pause the music from the tank button.

Thanks for the responses. Much appreciated.

Tom

Spyder Garage

Wow, all the negative comments that are unfounded because you haven’t seen the NEW BRP Go 2.0 yet. Too funny!

It’s different. Looks a lot like Apple CP. maybe if you all actually checked it out you might like it.

Oh, and if you check out videos on Apple CP on Goldwings you’ll find it more complicated than BRP.

This is the new BRP Go.
    I agree! BRP Connect is actually in the GO app. It is easier to navigate, and less buggy. It also give you step by step instructions on setting up (Like open the app first, then connect cable) that also helps. I am hoping that it gives an opportunity for more apps, I would like to at least see a weather app!
    Don't get mad at me if you don't like it, I am just offering another opinion that it has at least improved slightly. Give it a "GO" (sorry couldn't resist.)

Spyder Garage

……WARNING……
    The rotten sods have taken BRPConnect off the apps store, so you can’t download it once you try BRP Go, so you are stuck with the music less version. Why doesn’t that surprise me ?

Pete
    In the directions for the new GO app they say to delete the old one, it could cause a conflict. Either this is true or they don't want to admit it ever existed

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MonPaul View Post
    In the directions for the new GO app they say to delete the old one, it could cause a conflict. Either this is true or they don't want to admit it ever existed
    The annoying thing is, I had just got Connect working reliably/effectively, MonPaul, and was starting to sing its praises, and then BRP released this “updated” GO version which removed a key component from Connect, and they also removed the ability to revert to the Connect version while awaiting a GO update to address the missing component.

BRP have lost me (and many others) now. My startup process these days is - turn on the RT, which automatically starts my Garmin XT, turn on my headset, engage gear, and have full music collection control, GPS, FOBO monitoring, traffic & weather conditions all available by the time I reach the kerb 10 metres away. Easy and faultless.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Tom
    If you hold the left arrow button it will go back, not momentarily but hold if for a second or two. It only took me a few hours to figure that out! A detailed video would really be nice and avoid a lot of questions and problems.

Spyder Garage

BRP have lost me (and many others) now. My startup process these days is - turn on the RT, which automatically starts my Garmin XT, turn on my headset, engage gear, and have full music collection control, GPS, FOBO monitoring, traffic & weather conditions all available by the time I reach the kerb 10 metres away. Easy and faultless.
    Pete
    I’m one of the many others who has abandoned BRP Connect. Everything works great with the Zumo XT as the hub. My iPhone and Sena 50S connect without me having to do anything. Very, very, very rarely, my phone won’t switch the audio out to the Zumo XT but that is a quick fix. The Bluetooth on BRP Connect not paring to the Zumo XT is a pretty big fail on the part of BRP and using the “man in the middle” Bluetooth adapter just has too many problems to be worth it. At least that is my experience, and that is from a guy in the IT field.
    2021 Spyder RT-L Deep Marsalsa Metalic

Spyder Garage

Regardless of any other functionality or lack thereof, I feel it is inexcusable to not move the tachometer display to somewhere on the left screen while using either BRP Connect or BRP Go.
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

I agree, it wouldn't take up a lot of room either, they could just use the lines for the speedometer and keep the MPH digital only.

Spyder Garage

I love my 2020 RT-L, but I miss the simple instrumentation of my 2014.

Apple got a lot of heat for not doing what it didn't feel it could do well. Does anybody remember how upset everybody was that it wouldn't run Flash, which, in the end, no phone that I know of ever ran, or how upset people were that they waited a generation or two before allowing third party apps?

BRP could learn a lot from that philosophy - only include features that are tested and work well. Without any questions, just using my iPhone for music, podcasts, phone, navigation, and just about anything else with more choices than I could every need is far better than being limited to a few often poorly chosen, and poorly connected apps. Waze is just as essential to the city as Rever is to a choosing the right windy roads, and I need both of them, as well as my podcasts!
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixer View Post
    Regardless of any other functionality or lack thereof, I feel it is inexcusable to not move the tachometer display to somewhere on the left screen while using either BRP Connect or BRP Go.
    Yeah, we are all different, Jetfixer. Seeing the tacho isn’t essential for me as I know roughly the rpm from the sound these days. But I can understand how others would rely on it.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Came across this older thread and yes I feel it's utter garbage.

My 2 cents, I have written them more than once about the failure of the Bluetooth that it has as it will only work with a cell.

The replies, hmmm already enough nonsense.

When you see a vehicle these days that says it comes with Bluetooth most folk would not think about asking what Bluetooth devices would pair with it as any Bluetooth device should.

I was really po-ed when I found out the only device that works is a cell! No Garmin. No audio player - this is 2022.

Everytime I see a post about go/no go it just really gets me mad.

Sorry for the rant.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-03-2022 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Thread then ;-)