Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brp go

Spyder Garage

Default Brp go

BRP has announced the BRP GO https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/us/en...ne/brp-go.html

Said to be an updated version of BRP Connect, and claimed to be more user friendly. so check it out. i will be trying if soon..
    David Petrick
    Certified Professional Photographer
    2020 Limited Dark , Magma Red Black

Spyder Garage

Sadly BRP GO! has been around for nearly a year according to the Apple store and last updated more than 5 months ago... And it's rated just as poorly as BRP Connect. I have both on my iPhone and I'm sad to report they both suck. I've only kept them installed with the hope that one day they'll be useful. Apple Car Play in my "cages" works so well... I don't understand why BRP didn't pursue that option.
    -Biker Tank-
    Places visited on 2 or 3 wheels in the last 10 years...
    2021 RT Limited , Deep Marsala Metallic / Chrome

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BikerTank View Post
    Apple Car Play in my "cages" works so well... I don't understand why BRP didn't pursue that option.
    Probably because BRP has no business relationship with Apple. BRP Connect is a version of Bosch's MySpin, and Bosch is the supplier for the software that makes the Spyder, and its engine, operate.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Probably because BRP has no business relationship with Apple. BRP Connect is a version of Bosch's MySpin, and Bosch is the supplier for the software that makes the Spyder, and its engine, operate.
    What a mine of information you are, Idaho……I have now learned something that I would NEVER have known about without your input……thanks

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Anyone that thinks that BRP is gonna fix BRP Connect is wishful thinking, 'in my humble opinion'. I don't really care 'cause I don't use it. Again, that's just me, not wanting to start anything. I cannot imagine anyone fiddling with that program while underway, that's a death wish. Mods wanting to delete, please feel free.

Spyder Garage

I agree, BRP Connect and BRP Go are both rated badly in the app store, and in my experience, don't work well on my Spyder, but if you care to look at the website the dpetrick posted you will note that BRP is indeed combining the two app into one, it's just not out yet. There is a big "Coming Soon" at the bottom of the page. Just a FYI.

Bill

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well maybe there is reason for some good expectation, we shall see, but not expecting a miracle.

Spyder Garage

My point in posting was to inform that BRP is doing something with the development of the app. Possibly they will make it easier to use and more functional. This could indicate that they are listening to what users are saying and trying to make improvements. Time will tell if they do make it better, so I am willing to give them a chance, before dismissing the app. My riding season could be over by the time the new app is released.
    David Petrick
    Certified Professional Photographer
    2020 Limited Dark , Magma Red Black

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

For those of you who are frustrated with BC you should take a look at comments about the Nissan Connect app. It has a rating of one star, hasn't been updated for a year and a half, and I think it was successfully used by only a small handful of users!

For those of you who like Apple Car Play, how many use an Android phone to connect to it? Sometimes there really is an advantage to dealing with a monopoly as opposed to open market competing suppliers.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I believe Androids can use Android Auto. But, I don't use any of these. Just Hey Google.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Apple CarPlay (and probably the Android equivalent) require a minimum screen size that the Spyder doesn't provide.

That's one reason you probably won't see it on a Can-Am.
    My vice is passion for KISS.
    Oh, and food.

Current ride: 2019 Spyder RT-L in Phoenix Orange.

2019 RT-L , Phoenix Metallic Orange

Spyder Garage

I use android auto and love it.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I use android auto and like it, I use Cadillac cue and like it, I use uconnect on the Ram pickup and like it, I use BRP connect and like it!

ALL of them have there glitches and require a reconnect or restart at times, just like the computer I am currently using does.

As for people who use BRP Connect having a death wish, it is much safer and easier for me to control every function on the screen, maps, phone calls, music, and fobo, with the joystick under my thumb, and the button under my finger while firmly holding onto the handle bars than it is letting go, and looking down at where on the screen of my GPS or phone to push.

JMHO
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I forgot to mention that with android auto you can also use the "hey google" to find and set a location.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wow, all the negative comments that are unfounded because you haven’t seen the NEW BRP Go 2.0 yet. Too funny!

It’s different. Looks a lot like Apple CP. maybe if you all actually checked it out you might like it.

Oh, and if you check out videos on Apple CP on Goldwings you’ll find it more complicated than BRP.

This is the new BRP Go.
    82AC0950-9E70-406F-BBA4-D77CB0550B8D.jpg
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dpetrick View Post
    My point in posting was to inform that BRP is doing something with the development of the app. Possibly they will make it easier to use and more functional. This could indicate that they are listening to what users are saying and trying to make improvements. Time will tell if they do make it better, so I am willing to give them a chance, before dismissing the app. My riding season could be over by the time the new app is released.
    Looks like BRP Go 2.0 was just released in the last day or so. It is on the app store for download.

Cheers
    Bill

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    Wow, all the negative comments that are unfounded because you haven’t seen the NEW BRP Go 2.0 yet. Too funny!

It’s different. Looks a lot like Apple CP. maybe if you all actually checked it out you might like it.

Oh, and if you check out videos on Apple CP on Goldwings you’ll find it more complicated than BRP.

This is the new BRP Go.
    Looks great, do I have to have the bike updated to use it, or just download the new app?
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I played with the new BRP Go. It appears to be working fine but then again I did not have any issues with the old BRP Connect app. Once you understand how to use it, it works great.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post

This is the new BRP Go.
    OK, I have downloaded and updated to Go v2. Works the same as BRP C but with a different display. Any idea what has happened to the “Music” option (iPhone music) that was part of BRP Connect, Flamewinger?

Postscript…..I have found the answer….they have not included the music or maps sections in Go V2, but hope to add them “at some time in the future”. So it is a step backwards in reality for me. Sounds like a pretty stock, half complete app release by BRP. Maybe those prior comments weren’t “too funny” after all, eh ? BRPC or Go have sooooo much potential……I would loooove to use BRPC or Go, but they fall down in a number of key areas for me.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    OK, I have downloaded and updated to Go v2. Works the same as BRP C but with a different display. Any idea what has happened to the “Music” option (iPhone music) that was part of BRP Connect, Flamewinger?

Postscript…..I have found the answer….they have not included the music or maps sections in Go V2, but hope to add them “at some time in the future”. So it is a step backwards in reality for me. Sounds like a pretty stock, half complete app release by BRP. Maybe those prior comments weren’t “too funny” after all, eh ? BRPC or Go have sooooo much potential……I would loooove to use BRPC or Go, but they fall down in a number of key areas for me.

Pete
    so I just downloaded BRPGo, and am reading the FAQ section they offer and recommend for set up. Lots of reading to do
    They mention a free app called "Dash Radio", looks pretty good. oops just read where you need connectivity,is that right?
    90D31E12-28B5-4A71-AF02-32B53E0EF844_1_201_a.jpg

I was never able to figure out BRP connect, heck I havenot even successfully been able to bluetooth my SRL2 to the bike radio (don't even know if that is possible)
    (seems SRL2 has its own radio that is so difficult to navigate radio stations, so no thanks) But I digress , so much reading involved, wish there was a video explaining how to, or a spyder rider near me that knows

I do wish BRP would work with a Spyder rider person and compensate them for a very involved how to video. There was a 1:40 second video introducing BRPGo, with no real info.

Gonna go down to the garage now and see if I can figure it out and report back here.

Since Flamewinger has got it working lets encourage her and others to share!
    Last edited by TicketBait; 10-16-2021 at 06:03 PM. Reason: corrected gender in last sentence!

Spyder Garage

Yeah, dash radio lets you hook in to radio stations, Ticket, and yes, you need connectivity……but I want to play my own music from my iphone. The biiiiig plus of BRPC is the joystick and controls to let you easily play/manipulate your own music…… without that, in my opinion, Go v2 is a step back from BRPC.

I’ll stay with my XT as my “server” at the moment. I has a far better GPS function and screen, and lets me play my music (albeit with a more cumbersome controller than the BRPC joystick), lets me use my phone, use weather and traffic options, and lets FOBO notify me if there is an issue. It also supports SIRI, which BRPC does not. It also connects seamlessly at Spyder start up, without having to go through the BRPC connection rigmarole, and leaves your phone unlocked.

If BRP modify GO to add “music” again, I’ll give it another go.

Psssst…..Flamewinger is a woman

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

……WARNING……
    The rotten sods have taken BRPConnect off the apps store, so you can’t download it once you try BRP Go, so you are stuck with the music less version. Why doesn’t that surprise me ?

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Yeah, dash radio lets you hook in to radio stations, Ticket, and yes, you need connectivity……but I want to play my own music from my iphone. The biiiiig plus of BRPC is the joystick and controls to let you easily play/manipulate your own music…… without that, in my opinion, Go v2 is a step back from BRPC.

I’ll stay with my XT as my “server” at the moment. I has a far better GPS function and screen, and lets me play my music (albeit with a more cumbersome controller than the BRPC joystick), lets me use my phone, use weather and traffic options, and lets FOBO notify me if there is an issue. It also supports SIRI, which BRPC does not. It also connects seamlessly at Spyder start up, without having to go through the BRPC connection rigmarole, and leaves your phone unlocked.

If BRP modify GO to add “music” again, I’ll give it another go.

Psssst…..Flamewinger is a woman Ooops, Corrected my previous post

Pete
    ……WARNING……
    The rotten sods have taken BRPConnect off the apps store, so you can’t download it once you try BRP Go, so you are stuck with the music less version.TERRIBLE Why doesn’t that surprise me ?

Pete
    Gosh darn, that is too bad, and I just deleted my BRPc.

Good, No great news I figured out today to get the RTL radio in my helmet, not just the exterior speakers.
    Now I can take long rides. Also I can now take phone calls too!

Got the syndic maps to show on dash, but boy is it cumbersome to load an address.

Spyder Garage

I am not sure if this is only on the new bikes but on my 2021 RTL I can use several music apps such as Plex and Spotify via Bluetooth connected through the bike and all works good including controlling the track, play, and pause. Both these apps allow to download the music local for off-line playing.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post
    Good, No great news I figured out today to get the RTL radio in my helmet, not just the exterior speakers.
    Now I can take long rides. Also I can now take phone calls too!

Got the syndic maps to show on dash, but boy is it cumbersome to load an address.
    Hahahaha….so you found the Speakers/Headset button on the tank, Ticket? I didn’t find it for a couple of weeks.

…..and yes, you really do have to input a Sygic GoTo address using your phone before you set out. It is very cumbersome trying to do it through BRP C/Connect.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.