Spyder Garage

Default Check trans light at cold start - will warm up fix it?

2010 rs check transmission light stays on when starting in cold weather under 40 degrees will it go out if I let it sit and idle for a while?

Spyder Garage

You should always let it warm before taking off. I start mine and then put my gear on. I advise you do an oil level check when returning from a ride. Do it per the manual.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

checked oil after last ride per manual level full. check transmission light has always gone out as soon as stared and we always let motor warm up. This is first year starting in below 35-40 degrees and first time check transmission light stayed on. so assume if I let it warm up enough it will go out just checking to see if anyone else had same experience. thanks for the reply

Spyder Garage

Before going riding on colder days, I place a room heater with a fan fairly close to the engine to warm not only it, but the oil, the starter and the battery. I do this an hour prior to the ride. It makes startups a lot easier on all the aforementioned components.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Had same issue which showed up intermittently, not related to temp. Error code PO 826. Decided to replace paddle shifter. FIXED!! My thread here: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...2551-Thank-you!