Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Angry Frustrating! Delivery time on New RTL

Hello, needed to express my frustration on the time it takes to get your New Spyder delivered! Was first told 1-2 weeks, this has changed to 2-3 weeks! All other parts of the purchase was great, financing was fast, sales person was great and then the delivery! Anyone else run into this, know it’s probably wrong time of the year to buy new bike, but damn, was hoping to ride some before the snow flies! Comments appreciated!

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

As a good friend of mine would say, "patience grass hopper" Good things come to those who wait.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

You didn’t say if the dealer had the unit in stock waiting to be assembled or if the dealer was waiting for the unit to be delivered to them, in which case it is out of the dealers control. I’m not trying to take up for dealers as many could do much better in the customer care department especially. I had delays in getting mine back in March when the unit was sitting in the crate at the dealer when I made the purchase. Delays and run around until I finally went to the store manager to express my dissatisfaction along with providing a factual timeline. Turned out the bike threw a code showing problem with one of the front calipers. They had to call BRP and wait on them to tell them how to handle which included a step by step process of elimination before authorizing replacing the caliper on a brand new unit. After I made my complaint the dealer took one off of another unit without BRP’s consent to satisfy their customer. I’ve been happy every since. It’s frustrating for sure but will eventually be worth the wait. Best of luck

Spyder Garage

CopperSpyder, thanks! My OCD takes patience to a whole new level!
    Adventurer, ordered bike through Imotorsports, once payment arrived, they built the bike, just waiting to be delivered to New Mexico! Logistics is working on it, just have to get more bikes coming West! Thanks for your comments.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Don60 View Post
    Logistics is working on it, just have to get more bikes coming West!
    To me that indicates they don't ship Spyders one or two at a time but maybe enough to fill a truck. Your holdup may be being caused by other buyers being slow to get theirs from factory to dealer, or slow sales to NM & west buyers. And the price you paid may very well have the most economical shipping method factored in. That's the price you pay to get the price you paid!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Adventurer, ordered bike through Imotorsports, once payment arrived, they built the bike, just waiting to be delivered to New Mexico! Logistics is working on it, just have to get more bikes coming West! Thanks for your comments.
    I have one coming out to SoCal but I have had to delay my delivery till after November 19 so I’m not much help to you. The US road border is still closed to us Canadians and the work around options involve chartering a plane to hop over the border to Bellingham in Washington State and having my car temporarily imported into the US and meeting us in Bellingham. It’s an extremely expensive way to travel 45 miles and the charter companies are booked solid till mid November.

Spyder Garage

Tell them to hold the bike, get on a plane and drive it home!!!! Easy, break in and delivery!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Yes, actually have looked into hopping on a plane and picking it up and heading home! Few issues, cost of flight, two nights out and then the weather! If it were summer and warm, I was younger, might try it! 1800+ miles is a long ride this time of year! Thanks for everyone’s input!

Spyder Garage

Electronic components supply are a issue with BRP currently.
    My Ski Doo dealer has at least 80 crated sleds in his lot right now, all where spring ordered machines also, and most are missing one or some of the gauge clusters, electronic throttles or DESS posts. They are shipping those parts to him as they get them so he can prep and deliver them.
    I think some of the parts may be common across the product lines also.
    John
    "some suffer from insanity, I choose to enjoy it"
    '15 F3S SE6
    '01 FLHR
    Ski Doo 1200's
    Boats
    2015 F3S SE6 , Magnesium

Spyder Garage

I just ordered a 2022 RTL. Delivery is set for end of February to early March. That just gives me time to save more money toward the purchase and riding in Kansas during the winter is not such a pleasant experience (most of the time) anyway. I feel your impatience buddy. Of course I knew up front there was going to be a long delay for mine.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanDave View Post
    I just ordered a 2022 RTL. Delivery is set for end of February to early March. That just gives me time to save more money toward the purchase and riding in Kansas during the winter is not such a pleasant experience (most of the time) anyway. I feel your impatience buddy. Of course I knew up front there was going to be a long delay for mine.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Update: Imotorsports sent me a text today, said that my 2021 Spyder RT Limited has left dealership and is headed my way! My impatience/OCD has made the wait seem forever, but things are looking better! No ETA yet, but should be next week! Thanks for all you support!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Don60, wouldn't any of the New Mexico dealers match your price from Imotorsports????? What part of NM are you in?
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Doesn't sound too bad to me considering the way things are. We waited 6 months for an RV, now wait time for some models is 1 year.

Spyder Garage

old Timer,
    I live in the Western side near Gallup. I have bought many ATVs and a couple Spyders from R and S in Albuquerque over the years, but they would not cut dealer prep or even give me a decent price on my trade in! So thought I would try Imotorsports, other than the delivery, which in actuality is not bad, all have been smooth!

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Please Be Patient

Welcome to the World of great Misunderstanding about everything. We have gotten so much for not being in a hurry and now, we have to wait.

Come on America let's get on with enjoying life and not being in such a hurry. This covid-19 thing will pass.

Be a Blessing to Someone Today. ......
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanDave View Post
    Same here. Ordered a 2022 and told (hopefully) February or March. I do not think Valcourt has switched from sleds to Spyder production yet in the factory.
    --
    Bob L.
    Worcester County Massachusetts
    www.rk-mass2.org

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

By the way, Congrats !!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    As a good friend of mine would say, "patience grass hopper" Good things come to those who wait.
    That is very true!

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cravenfun View Post
    Electronic components supply are a issue with BRP currently.
    My Ski Doo dealer has at least 80 crated sleds in his lot right now, all where spring ordered machines also, and most are missing one or some of the gauge clusters, electronic throttles or DESS posts. They are shipping those parts to him as they get them so he can prep and deliver them.
    I think some of the parts may be common across the product lines also.
    Our local Can Am dealership is sold out of there sleds.

I had heard the same thing for the parts.

Deanna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Saluda View Post
    Doesn't sound too bad to me considering the way things are. We waited 6 months for an RV, now wait time for some models is 1 year.
    Adrien and I were looking at furniture , the sales person said the wait time would be 2 years out( in 2023)!

Deanna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Spyder Garage

Update: Imotorsports sent me a text today, said that my 2021 Spyder RT Limited has left dealership and is headed my way! My impatience/OCD has made the wait seem forever, but things are looking better! No ETA yet, but should be next week! Thanks for all you support!

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    I do not think Valcourt has switched from sleds to Spyder production yet in the factory.
    I'm under the impression that the Valcourt factory was going to be remodeled after the 2017 Homecoming to allow production of both snowmobiles and Spyders at the same time. Maybe I don't remember (quite possible!) correctly, or misunderstood what they told us about the remodel/retooling that was coming.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Yes, actually have looked into hopping on a plane and picking it up and heading home! Few issues, cost of flight, two nights out and then the weather! If it were summer and warm, I was younger, might try it! 1800+ miles is a long ride this time of year! Thanks for everyone’s input!
    I thought Imotorsports had a deal where they would pick up the tab for plane ticket and ground transport to their dealership. Is that not a thing anymore?
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

gkamer,
    Yes, still true. They will buy you a plane ticket and pickup trade in. My issue was the time I wanted to fly to Chicago, Southwest had their meltdown! Plus the weather and distance was an issue, not summer and I’m not as young as my mind tells me! All good now, should have new RTL this week, can’t wait! Thanks