Thread: Forum Format

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Forum Format

..... Thank you for going back to what it was before Yesterday ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

I wrote to the admin and said, if the new format stays, I don't.
    I enjoy this forum immensely, but I really can get along without it now that you all have taught me well. Maybe they did that just to see if we were paying attention.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

+1......
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

It appears to be software "glitches" and things appear to be working all right now.

Let's give the Administrator a break.

None of the moderators were given any advanced information, so I would say "glitch"

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I’ve got to agree with you Ricz. I belong to dootalk and they changed their format. After 8 or so years I don’t like the change and haven’t spent much time on it. I’ll probably adjust over winter but have no real desire right now. I figured it was my computer since it’s so old. But it wasn’t. It was funny at one point last night, I was pockerman instead of wmoater logged in. That’s when I knew it wasn’t me and there was a site problem. Not sure who pokerman is, but I was him for a few pokes into the forums! All’s good now!

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

Not sure it was a format change. Think a bug showed up in the system all of a sudden. Too many error messages for a format change.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

We have to admit it, guys, we're just a bunch of old goats who are resistant to change, me included. If the change had been introduced without the hiccups it might have been easier to evaluate, but no matter how one slices it Anthony had a big job on his hands and we're lucky to have him.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I didn't notice any format change. But I did get caught up in a bunch of weird glitches last night. The glitches started for me while I was in the middle of trying to read and respond to posts. Everything was OK one minute and not the next. After a good nights sleep every thing is A-OK this morning. Glad to have good, hard working people taking care of things while I snooze..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There's an old saying that, "if it works then somethings wrong and it must be changed."

Spyder Garage

I agree with "blueknight" Glad it back like it was.
    Happy owner of 2014 White RTS - SE6

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    There's an old saying that, "if it works then somethings wrong and it must be changed."
    This is exactly BRP's advice to their engineer Team ..... .........JMHO ... Mike

Spyder Garage

Hey all, there wasn't & hasn't been any change in the Forum &/or Forum software of late, but yesterday there was a glitch in the Server that caused some errors; errors which meant the Forum Software messages & commands were getting garbled in transit, resulting in the errors & display changes some saw.

That Server Glitch has been rectified, and the Forum software is still doing its thing, only now without those display changes & errors disrupting its normal operation.

All thanks to Anthony burning the midnight oil. :thumbup
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-09-2021 at 06:01 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Format change??? Guys I’m so low tech that I am having trouble figuring out how to post a thread on this sight. But I will say that I read this sight often. I gleaned so much information and wisdom from here. I know it is easy but please point me towards how to start a new thread, please.

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jwmorrow View Post
    Format change??? Guys I’m so low tech that I am having trouble figuring out how to post a thread on this sight. But I will say that I read this sight often. I gleaned so much information and wisdom from here. I know it is easy but please point me towards how to start a new thread, please.
    Click on the Forum tab near the top of the page next to the home tab, than look at the list of forum areas and click on the forum area that you want to post in, once inside that forum area click on the Red Button at the top the says Start New Thread.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

It seemed like a translation error in the software to me. It was pretty gruesome. I don't think any forum would pay for a service like that.

Glad to see the tried and true format is firmly back in place.

Don't get me wrong. I am not against change. But it needs to be an improvement over the previous product to get my vote.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    It appears to be software "glitches" and things appear to be working all right now.

Let's give the Administrator a break.

None of the moderators were given any advanced information, so I would say "glitch"
    X 10! In my judgement it was somewhat worse than a "glitch". Something in the server s/w really broke hard. Is Anthony bald headed today after tearing his hair out last night to get it straightened out!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That glitch almost started a civil war on SL's. Well, not really, but it came close. Where I live everyone is on the edge to start with. Covid, power company safety shutdowns, wildfires, and exploding gas prices have gotten everyone's attention. Seems we are finding ourselves in a new normal and it's not sitting well with most folks.

Spyder Garage

On this end, it typically was some kind of command errors. May have seen a change at one point, maybe not.

Regardless, liven it up and change it up. Complacency makes people soft.
    Motorcycling is about adventure, find that free spirit and embrace it.