Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Tire availability? 165/55R15

I have a 2021 F3 Ltd.

I want to stay (if possible) with the same size (165/55R15) to fit the wheels I have now.

But, I can only find Kenda and Vee Rubber. I do not want either.

I'd at least prefer the Federal Formoza, Achilles ATR-K Economist...but, I'm game to review other tires.

It seems as if 165/55R15 are either backordered for quite a while or discontinued.

Does anyone know where this sized tire can be purchased?

Thanks all.

P.S. - Another question...are there any other sizes which fit the stock sized wheels?
    Life's short...Play it by ear and ryde!

Spyder Garage

Check with SpyderPops https://www.spyderlovers.com/spyders....php?zoneid=14 They put on a Yokohama for the rear. I had nice lil ride there & back couple times. Maybe about time for some rubber up front.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

You can put 165/60R15 on the front without any issues. That's what we have on both our 2020 and 2021 RT's. Ran the same size on our 2018 and 2015 F3's.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

When I replace the front I want a wider tire, the factory tire lets the rim protrude further than the tire. That was bad when we trailered it.

Spyder Garage

For those skimming, the stock tires on my 2021 F3 Ltd are sized: 165/55R15

I also need to add, I have upgraded the wheels to the PPA brand during the build process when it arrived from BRP. I never got to ride it completely stock.

I have an appt Tuesday to have these brand new Kendas replaced for the 3rd time since it was put together back in March, but with a different brand this time. I am also going to have the dealership lower the tension on the belt to go along with the belt tensioner. All this is due to shaking in the front end, even though the fenders do not bounce (smooth) unlike the dash board and windshield bounce (which is bad). I have another post with details on what's been done.

@PW2013STL - You recommended 165/60R15. Do you know if these will have issues as mentioned in the next paragraph with the 175/55r15's?

Another recommendation is: 175/55-15 Possible ISSUE: I was told these new one piece fenders have metal clips that hold the wire loops in place touch and can possibly cut the inside of the tire. I may have to flatten those clips out. The clips are welded to the fender mounting bracket.

I was going to cancel my appt because of the no tire availability thing, so if I can find any which will not give me more issues like having to cut on the bike.

“I’m going to need those tires ASAP. So, if you could do that, that’d be great...” That's not exactly what Bill Lumbergh from Office Space said...but, it's close. LOL

I'm up for additional suggestions...I'd like to not have to cancel the appt...riding season is coming to a slow crawl before too long.

Thanks all.

Spyder Garage

@PW2013STL - You recommended 165/60R15. Do you know if these will have issues as mentioned in the next paragraph with the 175/55r15's?

Another recommendation is: 175/55-15 Possible ISSUE: I was told these new one piece fenders have metal clips that hold the wire loops in place touch and can possibly cut the inside of the tire. I may have to flatten those clips out. The clips are welded to the fender mounting bracket.

I was going to cancel my appt because of the no tire availability thing, so if I can find any which will not give me more issues like having to cut on the bike.

“I’m going to need those tires ASAP. So, if you could do that, that’d be great...” That's not exactly what Bill Lumbergh from Office Space said...but, it's close. LOL

I'm up for additional suggestions...I'd like to not have to cancel the appt...riding season is coming to a slow crawl before too long.

Thanks all.[/QUOTE]
    I had issues with tire rubbing the fender when I ran 175 tires, but none with the 165.

These are what I recommend.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...R5QT&tab=Sizes
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hoginedgewood View Post
    When I replace the front I want a wider tire, the factory tire lets the rim protrude further than the tire. That was bad when we trailered it.
    A wider tire would help with the Rim issue, but not in your case. You would need ( probably ) at least a 205 size , which is absolutely not going to fit. The difference in width between a 165 and 175 is less than 1/2 in ....divided by 2 = less than 1/4 in. ..... good luck ....Mike

Spyder Garage

Yeah, the Vredestein QUATRAC 165/60R15are on backorder as well.

These sized tires are practically extinct. The local major brand tire dealers don't even show them in their warehouses and (out of curiosity) ask me what am I trying to put them on...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bayoumanPIBE View Post

These sized tires are practically extinct. The local major brand tire dealers don't even show them in their warehouses and (out of curiosity) ask me what am I trying to put them on...
    Is that tire the " Quatrac " ....or the previous model the " Q-5 " ????? , the Q-5's were in short supply because they were no longer being imported .....Mike

Spyder Garage

@BLUEKNIGHT911 - I am not sure. @PW2013STL shared the tire rack link above.

Doing a tire rack search for those sizes, it only shows 3. Vredestein Quatrac, Vredestein Quatrac 5 and the Continental CONTIPROCONTACT (which the ratings are not near as good).

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireS...earDiameter=15

I'll keep searching and continue being opened to all suggestions. Thanks all.

Spyder Garage

@BLUEKNIGHT911 - I am not sure. @PW2013STL shared the tire rack link above.

Doing a tire rack search for those sizes, it only shows 3. Vredestein Quatrac, Vredestein Quatrac 5 and the Continental CONTIPROCONTACT (which the ratings are not near as good).

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireS...earDiameter=15

I'll keep searching and continue being opened to all suggestions. Thanks all.
    That link will get you where you need to go ..... type in TWO tires and your zip and they will tell when they can send them ..... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

" what I am trying to put them on ".... I ONLY buy On-Line and opt NOT to answer .... WHY ??? - because these are Auto tires and the sellers will / may not sell them to you for LEGAL reasons .... even though there are NO ISSUES ... Spyder Wheels are " J " type and so are Auto tires .... Real Mtc. tires won't fit on Spyder wheels - PERIOD ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

I'm in need and am going for the 175/55/15s. Plenty available. Closer in daimeter to stock, just a we bit fatter.
    Shouldn't be a problem for my "new" 2015 F3S..

Spyder Garage

Even 175-60/15, are going to fit beautyfully, I run Michelin's on front, and they fit like a glove, no issues whatsoever with rubbing against the innerfender.
    the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it........

Spyder F3s 2019 All Black ( Named it: Brutus)
    Carbon Items added, just for looks
    Upgraded Shocks Trac-Tive, Rear hi/lo and rebound adjustable, with Hydraulic Pre-Load adjuster
    fronts hi/lo and rebound adjustable, custom made by the Trac-Tive Guru's
    Swaybar (Ron's)
    Tyres Front Michelin Cross Climate+ 175/60-15
    Rear, for 2022 still a Kenda, next Yokohama Advan Fleva 205/55R15
    Exhaust Bone stock, with a RLS Cat- Delete
    Custom ECU-Mapping, rewritten/adapted to my Ridingstyle
    Pedalbox, Awesome Upgrade...
    2019 F3s , O.E.M. Black, Black, Black

Spyder Garage

Sooo ... A 175/55 will fit inside the F3(S) fenders with no rubbing or contact? I see Tire Rack has the new Vredestein in stock.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

All good feedback for the 175/55 & 60. Haven't been on the forum for years and now finally have an F3. Don't know if it's a well known site here, but just found tire-calac.com. Great site if your researching and concerned about fitment.

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

ftires.jpg
    tiretit.jpg
    running these and love them (Thanx Mike). One must shim the fenders toward the bike using a pair of lock washers @ the bracket mounts. Complete details @ the link in my signature.

Never had a problem with the nannny.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mikthebik View Post
    All good feedback for the 175/55 & 60. Haven't been on the forum for years and now finally have an F3. Don't know if it's a well known site here, but just found tire-calac.com. Great site if your researching and concerned about fitment.
    From personal experience, I wouldn't count on it for accurate tire sizing ..... It is a mathematical size .... actual size can be considerably different .... I check with the manufactures actual size, especially if it's going to be a tight fit ..... good luck ... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlebars View Post

running these and love them (Thanx Mike). One must shim the fenders toward the bike using a pair of lock washers @ the bracket mounts. Complete details @ the link in my signature.
    Your welcome .... you did leave out the " 1 " before the " 85 " .... as in " 185 / 55 -15 ..... you will love them for traction .... But the NANNY won't ...............Mike

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the 185 suggestion, but this being my first set after first purchase, I think I'll stick with the 175s, as they should be closest to stock, and the rear has a new stocker. I'm just a newbie after 55 years on two wheels and i'm just starting to feel and understand what that third
    wheel does, above and beyond just cruisin' and being cautious in the twisties. It'll be a wee bit before I challenge the nanny. The front
    needs alignment and balance, plus the belt tension needs checking. There's what feels like a combination of toe out and front imbalance causing a
    shake at about 45-55 mph when a road irregularity is encountered. The severity goes away above 55. It darts at lower speeds (50 -) and turns
    in with difficulty at higher speeds. I'm too new to know what is "normal" but this seems like an issue with toe. I need new fronts, so a good time
    to get the alignment done, plus I'll do a belt check (Krikit is on the way). My wife is accusing me of having fun, and she's right..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mikthebik View Post
    Thanks for the 185 suggestion, but this being my first set after first purchase, I think I'll stick with the 175s, as they should be closest to stock, and the rear has a new stocker. I'm just a newbie after 55 years on two wheels and i'm just starting to feel and understand what that third
    wheel does, above and beyond just cruisin' and being cautious in the twisties. It'll be a wee bit before I challenge the nanny. The front
    needs alignment and balance, plus the belt tension needs checking. There's what feels like a combination of toe out and front imbalance causing a
    shake at about 45-55 mph when a road irregularity is encountered. The severity goes away above 55. It darts at lower speeds (50 -) and turns
    in with difficulty at higher speeds. I'm too new to know what is "normal" but this seems like an issue with toe. I need new fronts, so a good time
    to get the alignment done, plus I'll do a belt check (Krikit is on the way). My wife is accusing me of having fun, and she's right..
    Just a few comments - with taking easy turning the Learning curve , however as far as being " cautious " in the " Twistie's " you might be pleasantly surprised what a Spyder can do ..... I have a 14 RT and today on a very twistie mountain road I had a BMW following me , but He wouldn't challenge me. ... and I actually picked up distance between us on the CURVES .... I'm sure He had the speed to pass on the straight sections but He couldn't get close enough after a the curves ..... with your alignment thoughts , once it correct ( & wheels balance ) your Spyder will handle much better.... A suggestion , before you make ANY suspension changes / mods like a HD swaybar , learn how to ride it Hard without changes. Then make your decision. .... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

My thoughts exactly.

On the second day of my ride home to San Diego from Phoenix AZ, after purchase, I had 2 routes picked out. One was freeway and the other one of my favorite backroad routes with sweepers and some twisties. I'd originally planned to take the fun way, but after getting to know the handling issues on the first day, I chose the freeway route. I'm sure there will be opportunities in the future for the back country fun ride. Actually, littlle traffic made the freeway a relaxing ride.Thanks for the input..

Spyder Garage

What's wrong with the OEM Kenda tires? I have close to 3000 miles on them with no grip or ride comfort issues and they are wearing nicely.

Spyder Garage

and some to share
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Kenda Tires

Type in 'Kenda Tires' and start reading till you want to stop. About all I am going to say is that Kenda's are an OEM tire that BRP love to install on the Spyders.
    I am not a fan of Kenda Tires.
    It's your Spyder so you get to choose what tires go on your Spyder. But most Spyder Dealers only install Kenda's. It's in the agreement with BRP. Thats what my local Spyder Dealer told me.

Good Luck on Your Mission. ........
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue