Spyder Garage

Default Made up my own Drink holder for the Passenger seat.

Hello every one.

I kept looking for a good solution for the passenger on my 2021 RTL. Didn't see anything that I liked. So I came up with this solution.

1. RAM Mounts RAM-B-201U Double Socket Arm (Medium) Compatible with RAM B Size 1" Ball Components
    2. RAM Ball Adapter with 1/4"-20 Threaded Hole
    3. Ram Mount 2.43 x 1.31 Inches Composite Diamond Base with 1-Inch Ball
    4. Topeak Modula Waterbottle Cage 2

All parts are under 50 bucks.

Main reason I went this way was for versatility. Wife has different drinks she wanted to hold and with this arm and this type of holder you can move it into multiple positions easily.

So I simply drilled and tapped the Factory Arm rest. Using a 1/4 20 tap. Then with a small Allen head 1/4 20 stainless Screw and some lock tite. I secured the Ram Mount Ball. Added the medium double socket arm. The other side of the arm holds the Diamond base ball. Used two 5mm Stainless allen head screws with some Nylock stainless nuts to hold the Waterbottle holder.

Wife loves the freedom it gives her to hold her own bottle. Plus if you don't want it on for a ride you simply loosen the medium base and remove leaving the mount ball behind.

Hope this helps someone looking for ideas on there holder.

P.S. The mounting ball was on the ruff looking side new from the factory. I took some fine sand paper and cleaned up the metal before mounting it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Nice job. Love the ram mount stuff, it is strong and versatile.
    2019 BMW C650GT, 2010 Spyder RT-S, 2009 BMW R1200RT,(sold) 2009 Honda Silverwing (Sold), 2009 Kawasaki 500 Vulcan (Sold)

\
    2010 RT SE5 , Black

Spyder Garage

Thank you Eviltwin

Spyder Garage

Nice job! This looks like something I may have to do to my new RTL once I receive it from the dealer. Thanks for the details.

Spyder Garage

Frogman Dave

Your welcome. If you need any further details just drop me a message. Happy to help you.