Thread: Best warranty

Spyder Garage

Default Best warranty

Oct 3, 2021

I did discover one thing that I am not happy about. When I traded my 2021 sea to sky I asked if I can transfer the warranty to the new bike. The answer is NO and it can't be cancelled. It has to go to another individual and not a dealership. So therefore I lost $671 for the BEST 36 month extended warranty.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

That has been BRP policy from day one. Maybe the dealer factored that in in his trade-in value for your Spyder. It can be a factor in private sales.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I agree 100 percent with IDAHO! BEST warranty follows the vin. Its registered with the vin and “can not” be transferred. Been that way since I started buying BRP in the early 90’s when BEST came out. It is a selling factor for private sales though! Most dealers (none of the ones I have dealt with and I have dealt with about 9 different ones depending on vehicles) will not take that into consideration and give you anything for it. In fact, most never run the vin to even know how much is left. There was just a post yesterday regarding that. Here is an add on for BEST warranty. If you total your vehicle (lets say a sled) and you buy it back from the insurance company at a cheap price and rebuild it (BEST warranty) is not transferable on a totaled vehicle for the vin is non void now. A gentleman, I can’t remember who now, bent up his right side wheels, A-ARMs, shocks, part of the frame a couple months ago. He didn’t total it since it was so new and therefore BEST is still valid. If he would have totaled it, collected the money and bought it back like others suggested he was out the warranty work on a totally rebuilt machine which is not a good in my opinion.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I found out that it is true on the BRP warranty. But I purchased a new to me 2018 BMW K1600 B this spring. 3 weeks ago I was purchasing the extended warranty and decided to go with their longest term (5 years). I told them it would help with resale value if it could be transferred. They told me that it can be transferred for $75, or I could just cancel it after the sale and get a prorated amount back. This also occurs if you wreck the bike and it is totaled or something. Simply call them up and get part of you money back. This is a first time hearing this. But it made the decision to purchase it easier.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Black lightning are you sure that was BEST or an independent extended warranty offered at a dealer? On independent you can do that. If BRP “BEST” is offering transfer or cash back this will be the first time ever I heard of it. I just bought a 2022 spring order sled and it arrived 2 weeks ago. It was the same 2 weeks ago as years past as in BEST. I bought a a Can am SXS in 2020 and it had the original content I stated before. What a lot of people do is wait for 1.75 years then update then extend “before” the 2 years are up. But you can only extend 1 time. So if you wait for 1.75 and buy the 1 year extension you can’t extend it the following year. So in my eyes either wait for 1.75 and buy 3 years extended as you did or don’t buy at all.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wmoater View Post
    Black lightning are you sure that was BEST or an independent extended warranty offered at a dealer?
    I think he was talking about he BMW warranty.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    I think he was talking about he BMW warranty.
    Sorry about any confusion. Yes, I was referring to the extended warranty that I purchased for the BMW, not the spyder. In fact, this is the first warranty that i had heard of where you can be paid for the warranty that you do not use when you cancel it.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white