Spyder Garage

Default Need instructions on installing Factory armrests 2021 Sea to Sky

I bought a set of armrests for my can am and was planning to install them myself. No instructions were included. You tube was no help, evidently brp changed the design in the last couple of years. It looks like you have to remove the bags to mount the brackets. It looks to be a major job. I need some advise on this. I’ve been mechanicing for 60 years but this one has me stumped. Any advise is appreciated.

Spyder Garage

It is actually pretty easy. Here are the instructions. Here is a link to the instructions. https://instructions.brp.com/e-instr...=2&val=armrest

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wtrskinut1 View Post
    It is actually pretty easy. Here are the instructions. Here is a link to the instructions. https://instructions.brp.com/e-instr...=2&val=armrest

Agree. It was the first thing we did on dads new RT. The hardest thing was the removing the little plastic plate around the controls. It has a tab on the front and side. Just use a little pointer screwdriver like a 1/16 blade and pop the corner. Once both plates were removed simply bolt on. Its actually much easier than the Pre 20’s series. It the second link in the the instructions posted.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

Thank you. My kit was short the two inserts that go around the support brackets so now I get to wait on my dealer to get the rest of the kit. Now, if I could get the radio to do what the owners manual says it should do.

Spyder Garage

Well, I figured out why I was having trouble installing these armrests…….the dealer sent me a kit for a different bike. Checked the part no. On the instructions and on the box and different nos. Crap.. another delay. Could be worse, I guess. Thanks for your help.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 66ranger View Post
    I bought a set of armrests for my can am and was planning to install them myself. No instructions were included. You tube was no help, evidently brp changed the design in the last couple of years. It looks like you have to remove the bags to mount the brackets. It looks to be a major job. I need some advise on this. I’ve been mechanicing for 60 years but this one has me stumped. Any advise is appreciated.
    In looking at your post here in the GS/RS/RSS part of the Spyder Lovers Forum asking to install FACTORY ARMRESTS on your Spyder
    I have bad news for you and good news, CanAm NEVER made or sold armrests for that model. The GS/RS/RSS & ST's have been discontinued and have been for some time, locating parts for them is a challenge however I can supply you with after market arm rests to fit those models. The armrest you have are for an RT or maybe the F3 not the one you have.
    Should you like to contact me here is my information
    motorcycledave@mac.com 209-887-3283 9:00AM to 8:00PM daily Pacific Time.
    ISCI Passenger ARMRESTS.jpeg
    Motorcycle Dave's LOGO #1.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    In looking at your post here in the GS/RS/RSS part of the Spyder Lovers Forum asking to install FACTORY ARMRESTS on your Spyder
    I have bad news for you and good news, CanAm NEVER made or sold armrests for that model. The GS/RS/RSS & ST's have been discontinued and have been for some time, locating parts for them is a challenge however I can supply you with after market arm rests to fit those models. The armrest you have are for an RT or maybe the F3 not the one you have.
    Should you like to contact me here is my information
    motorcycledave@mac.com 209-887-3283 9:00AM to 8:00PM daily Pacific Time.
    ISCI Passenger ARMRESTS.jpeg
    Motorcycle Dave's LOGO #1.jpg
    Moved this thread asking for installation instructions for a 2021 Sea to Sky (F3? Or RT? ) into Spyder General Discussion.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!