Spyder Garage

Default Ryker Seats - Tall Guy Conundrum

Unfortunately it seems impossible to try out different seats in person and I am having a hard time figuring out what my best option is. I am a big/tall guy 6'3"+ and more lbs than I care to share. The problem with the stock seat for me is the lip on the back. My rear wants to sit on that part of the seat but it is crazy uncomfortable. I have read up on the comfort seat, solo comfort seat, Corbin, etc, etc.... Has anybody had experience with all or most of them? Thoughts?

A few questions:

Stock seat + Airhawk (or other) - does it "level off" the seat to take away the affects of the lip or does the lip still play a big factor?

Comfort seat - it looks about the same size as the stock seat but with less of a lip. How much does the lip come into play while sitting on that one?

Corbin - Does it give you more real estate compared to the BRP options, especially towards the rear (pun intended)?

Solo Comfort - Seems great except it takes away from the ability to have the Max Mount which I think I want...

Ultimate seat - looks like it would prohibit sliding back a bit due to the pronounced backrest/lip. Probably not an option?

Any and all opinions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Spyder Garage

SeaBear, there is another option…….the likes of Russell Daylong or Laam. They will take your current seat, along with a few photos of you sitting on it, and will modify it to fit your comfort requirements. They guarantee you will be all day comfortable, and they have never failed me on my 5 previous seats……..I’m 6’7” and 300lbs. The seats are not the most glamorous looking seats due to the wing support they give you under the outer thighs, but they cater specifically for big/tall people

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&r...6mt4IxJMs6t-ky

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I thought you said you were a "tall" guy? As you can see, Pete has you beat by a long shot, and I'm just a bit more petite, I'm only 6' 5" and a svelte 15.7 stone.

Have not tried on a Ryker for size, it's not quite my style of transportation, but you should be able to find a seating solution. Just be sure you are already seated when you see the price tag, because comfort is NOT cheap.

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Spyder Garage

I have the comfort seat and Air Hawk, although I only use the latter on very long trips. I also have the Can Am backrest and do not notice the comfort seat lip when fully back against the backrest. The Air Hawk has a waffle air-filled pillow and will negate the feel of the lip, as the air will move around over the seat to contour to your butt.

Buy from a source that allows returns and give whatever a try.

air hawk.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SeaBear View Post
    Ultimate seat - looks like it would prohibit sliding back a bit due to the pronounced backrest/lip. Probably not an option?

Any and all opinions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
    The ultimate seat comes in 2 flavors, one which sits you about 2" further back.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

I have had this Ulitmate Seat for a month.I am 6'0" 235lbs. works for me.

280753908_5084925021586199_5178206094988406714_n (1).jpg....280710467_5084915444920490_8208539336112852610_n (1).jpg

Spyder Garage

I am 6' and have had the airhawk. I also have the Can Am comfort seat. For me it did not help when I get back against the lip you mentioned. If I try to hug the tank with my crotch it helps.
    Gary

US Army Vietnam era vet

2023 Can Am F3
    2020 Can Am Ryker 900 ACE (traded)
    2013 Can Am Spyder RT SE5 (traded)
    2012 Suzuki Burgman 400 (sold)
    2012 Honda NC700X (sold)
    2012 Honda CBR250 (sold)

States visited on 2 or 3

2020 900 Ace , Black on black