Spyder Garage

Default Parking brake lockup

I have not contributed nor commented on this forum for quite a while, because I got my hands slapped a while back by a moderator. But I have some info that may help someone down the road.

I had the infamous parking brake locking up. Well I read some where here on the forum that the brake motor gets stuck into a position (which is with the brake on). Also I read that the switch may be bad. I decided to looked at the motor locking up. I pulled hard on the hook of the cable and noticed it moved a little. So I alternated between operating the brake switch and pulling very hard on the hook of the cable. It finally came out to the brake-off position. I was able to reconnect the brake cable and readjust the brake using a video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1IGkzBoJyc – the second half of the video). This is the only source that could find that shows how to adjusted the parking brake cable. I would recommend that you readjust the brake again after ryding for a while.

I wonder if the spring could be used to pull on the cable hook. I did not try it but perhaps even a spring from your local hardware store could be used.

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    Veteran: U.S. Air Force
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:
    TricLed Turn Signal, Squared Away Sept, 2016,SpyderPops Bump Skid, SpyderPops Missing Rock Guard, ION camera, Show Chrome Back Rest,
    Show Chrome Hitch. Leesure-lite trailer, Hopnel 850 Saddlebag Liners, Hopnel 3 piece lid netset - trunk and saddlebags
    Magic Brake Strobe/Flasher, DIY LED light strips on upper and lower A frames, BlueKnight911 Magic Mirrors,
    DIY superior grill, USB port, Hwy pegs, DIY Flag mounts for USA and US Air Force flags,
    Method to open Frunk and seat without using key, LED headlights and LED fog lights, turn signal switch safety mod

Spyder Garage

good info. mucho gracias