Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

The first year I rode a 2 wheel bike (still only had a learner's permit) I rode a Honda Shadow Aero 750 with an experienced rider friend from Toronto to Alberta, down to Glacier and the Going to the Sun road, then meandered down to Yellowstone through Kalispell, the "Big Hole", and then out over the Beartooth, to Sturgis and then home through Chicago and Detroit. I was TERRIFIED the entire trip... what a baptism to long-distance riding that was. Been coast to coast to coast since with the same friend and a bunch of other guys on an assortment of bikes over the years, down the Blue Ridge a half dozen times, Colorado and Arkansas, New Orleans and Newfoundland 3x .... all amazing rides. Going down the Beartooth though, at night (waylayed by storms earlier in the day) my headlights crapped out... my buddy rode down in front of me with another friend we met up with along the way right behind me and rolled down the mountain using their headlights to guide me to Red Lodge. Good times!!

You can't get there from here....

Mods and Tweaks:
    Showcrome Trunk Rack
    Showcrome LED Trunk Light
    Garmin 390LM
    Spyderzone Floating Hiway Boards
    Spyderzone Mount Dash Bracket
    BajaRon Antisway Bar
    Showcrome full-size brake pedal
    Spyder-2-Go Driver Cup holder
    Ram X phone mount
    SpyderExtras 12 volt Docking Station
    BRP Driver Backrest
    Monster 4K Action Camera
    Spyderzone LED Fender Mount Spotlights
    CASA LED Headlights and Foglights
    2018 RT Limited , Ashphalt Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LongIsland View Post
    Our most spectacular tour was riding through the Badlands in South Dakota. A must on any list for views and vistas, that take your breath away.
    Another of my personal favorites. Have done that ride many times. Both ways is good. Looks entirely different from each direction.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

My favorite tour was Hwy 20 from Newport Oregon to Boston and back, 66 days 11,000 miles and 26 states. This coming summer we are planning on riding to Fairbanks Alaska.
    898DF63F-3D6D-48FD-95D1-111E8BA551D1.jpg
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LongIsland View Post
    Our most spectacular tour was riding through the Badlands in South Dakota. A must on any list for views and vistas, that take your breath away.
    One of the best 25 miles or so rides that we have ever taken. Done it both on motorcycle and in a car. Another neat feature, it looks totally different from each direction.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Many memorable rides over the last countless number of years. Touring northern Washington, Oregon coast, Idaho, Glacier N.P., California Redwoods and wine country, and of course Utah's N.Ps. So many great touring rides..... I usually tour 4-6 weeks in the summer when it is hot here in Arizona. Covid caused a hic-up in my routine the last 2 summers. Hope to get back into more normal times this coming year..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Living about as far North East as you can go in the U.S., Sue and I enjoy the Gaspe in Quebec and all of the Maritimes. New Hampshire and Vermont are very nice too.
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

Did a Gaspe & Cape Brenton loop several years ago. By far, Gaspe was more scenic (and fast getting to the St Lawrence coast from Maine). Nova Scotia was dreary and foggy the two Sept days we rode thru. Bring octane booster if you go.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White