Spyder Garage

Spyder Hey Ya'll We Got A New Member! Lets welcome RareSnacks to SL

Welcome RareSnacks, post up a hello, introduce yourself & get that 1st post notch on your Spyder!

Thanks for joining our forum community RareSnacks, from the staff at Can-Am Spyder & Ryker Three Wheel Motorcycles.

Here's some helpful links to start you along your journey here @SL:
    Forum Rules and Guidelines
    Do's & Don'ts for new Spyder Owners
    Check out & add your Spyder to the Garage
    Check the Visited Maps page & add your traveled Map to your signature

Do NOT post support questions here, please post them in the appropriate forum once your account is approved.

Spyder Garage

Apparently I own a 2011 Spyder RS now..... came here looking to get it back to its glory as she has been sitting for a little and she needs some loving...
    Maybe once I get this place figured out ill post a picture but for now its off to the garage to see if we can get these codes figured out..

Cheers

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Welcome to the forum RareSnacks. I hope you enjoy it. On the new to you 2011 Spyder RS. You can findlots of good information here on the different models of Spyders and Rykers including the 2011 RS in the different areas of the forum. So it sounds like you have a project and some fun alone the way coming. Well if you have any questions just ask in the area of the forum that applies when you are able to. First thing you will need to do is get the old gas out of there, change the oil and filters check the battery change the fuel filter than give it a try. Good luck with your project, I hope to see you around the forum soon.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    Welcome to the forum RareSnacks. I hope you enjoy it. On the new to you 2011 Spyder RS. You can findlots of good information here on the different models of Spyders and Rykers including the 2011 RS in the different areas of the forum. So it sounds like you have a project and some fun alone the way coming. Well if you have any questions just ask in the area of the forum that applies when you are able to. First thing you will need to do is get the old gas out of there, change the oil and filters check the battery change the fuel filter than give it a try. Good luck with your project, I hope to see you around the forum soon.

Thanks for the welcome.. She is running now but stuck in limp mode... I got it from someone who inherited the bike and they were just hit with a $3,000 repair quote from the repair place... They have diagnosed it as needing a VCM Module ( VSS Hydraulic Unit) It currently in BUDS has codes : C0044, U1150,P0500,P0826 and P099b.

I work at a powersports dealer repair shop so we have full access to BUDS system to hopefully get this baby back on the road shortly.

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Do one thing at a time like the vacuum lines than recheck, throttle body cleaning and seals before jumping to big first. I'm sure you know the drill.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    Do one thing at a time like the vacuum lines than recheck, throttle body cleaning and seals before jumping to big first. I'm sure you know the drill.
    In my limited reading a failure of the VCM is unlikely. As the story goes this bike has been sitting since approx 2018, Its plate was only valid until 2019 it seems to have been last passed inspection in 2018 as well, so its definitely in need of all fluids swapped and some inspection of connections etc before throwing $2400 at the VCM!
    Wish me Luck!

Spyder Garage

Just to add to the mix. Previous dealer just scanned with BUDS. Codes say replace ECM.
    Quick inspection and we have a mouse nest by the computer. Seems like a good place to start…
    Will report back