Spyder Garage

Default Anybody tried the 3 Pcs Luggage set? Any good?

Hi. I’m Adrian. I live in Wales UK. Am shortly going to take delivery of a new 2021 F3 ss. Have seen on Slingshot’s web site they do a 3 piece luggage set looks nice. Has anybody bought this set from them and if so any good?

Spyder Garage

Welcome Adrian,

I've had the 3+ piece for an RT and used it quite often. Zippers were a little sticky but some Chapstick fixed them. They fit perfect and are a must for traveling.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Cheer Adrian,
    Did you mean SLINGMOD, the aftermarket Spyder supplier? Regardless, I am not a fan of fitted motorcycle luggage as it fills the cases, leaving no room for that which needs to stay in the bike, such as extra clothing, tools and tire repair kit. If you're camping, they are a hinderance, if you are staying in lodgings, all you need to take into the room is what's required for the night/morning.
    I have been motorcycle touring for scores of years; all over the US, Canada, Mexico and Europe. So my prejudice against fitted luggage is is well established.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Hi Adrian,
    We've been using luggage sets for 20+ years and have worked very well for us.
    We have them for our RT and have found that the piece for the frunk is pretty much a waste of space. The 2 pieces for the side cases however have worked extremely well for us - wouldn't be without them.

Spyder Garage

I'm thinking he means this luggage set. Fitted luggage is great for touring. The OP may want to ask some Ryker folks, as this luggage has been offered for the Ryker for awhile.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    I'm thinking he means this luggage set. Fitted luggage is great for touring. The OP may want to ask some Ryker folks, as this luggage has been offered for the Ryker for awhile.
    Yep…..the 2021 F3s doesn’t come with rear panniers, so I doubt rear internal bags would do Fireblade much good, Troop

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red