Spyder Garage

Default Wheelie on a Ryker! (video)

Just saw this, thought it was quite cool!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY7OCxJPODQ

Spyder Garage

Now thats impressive!

Spyder Garage

Wow!

I didn't think it was possible.....very impressive.

Spyder Garage

I will find it exciting when the wheelie happens for a block at a time...not a second or two.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Mind you, checking it out, it looks like the entirety of the rear wheel on that Ryker is well behind the seat, is that normal, or has the rear wheel been moved further back via a swing arm/drive shaft extension?? And it's not as if these Treal Performance guys don't ever do that 'extend the swing arm' thing - just look at all their other Spyder vids.... extended swing arms on pretty much them all! It makes it easier to do burn-out type donuts.....

Besides, I thought we had some threads here where Ryker Owners have reported that they've actually hit the top of the fender with the back of the Ryder's seat &/or underside of the Max Mount? So if the Ryker in that vid also has an extended rear swing arm & driveshaft, it'd be significantly harder to lift the front wheels/do a wheelie cos the 'lifting moment' provided by the increased torque is somewhat reduced over that of a stock swing arm/driveshaft machine - which means that doing the same engine/performance mods to a 'standard length swing arm' Ryker & trying the same wheelie launch thing might just give you that 'wheelie for a block' you're after..... or quite possibly/more likely something a whole lot more painful & embarrasing!

Regardless, it looks like they've got some serious power improvements on that machine!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am betting it has had some clutch work done also. I looked through part numbers for the clutch and I am betting an ATV/UTV performance clutch kit will fit the rykers. You could at least change out the springs. Very impressive wheelie! I have always wanted to see a video of an RT getting the front wheels up. Probably not in my lifetime. LOL
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

Just guessing, the reason it doesn’t last very long is the nanny shuts the power down? Maybe not but I’d bet if the back wheels spin and front not something kicks in. Just like if you spin the rear in the air it kicks into limp. Yes, I’d agree that’s more clutch work. On my 2017 freeride sled once I did a clutch kit it wheelied with no problem.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

The guy that posted that video has posted some other treal performance stuff too, and did some drag runs after mods and posted the numbers. I'm curious what they are offering after a header, intake, and exhaust, besides the tune. I'm hoping that they prime the market for aftermarket performance improvement stuff. Competition is good.

Spyder Garage

Kind of looks like he bounced the wheels into the air. Being in the burnout box, he nailed throttle, the Ryker lurched forward, he quickly closed the throttle, then hit it again trying to warm the tire. Ryker did not spin the tire but kind of bounced the front up as he hit the throttle the second time.

Spyder Garage

I'm impressed absolutely awesome.