Spyder Garage

Default Slingmods Reflectors with Sequential LED Turn Signals & Running Lights

Ordered mine yesterday (including rear facing red). I've been reviewing installation instructions and videos. It looks pretty straightforward albeit tedious. Anyone have any tips not in the videos? Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Your observation is pretty accurate..."straightforward albeit tedious." Working on the fender while tethered to the bike was a pain...so I completely unplugged it and removed it, that helped some. Definitely need to protect the glossy black paint of the A-arms as it's almost impossible to maneuver the fenders without making contact.
    2019 Ryker 900
    Goodies list: 2up seating with Can-am comfort seats and foldable back rest / Can-am handguards and deflectors / LinQ top case / Can-am tank bag / Elka Stage 3 rear shock / Baja Ron anti-sway bar / AdvancedSportTouring helmet locks / Providence cup holder w/ABC bottle cage / SlingMods parking brake lock / keyless "Duo" frunk lock / front fender sequential LED turn signal and running lights / brake light flashers / Shift Jockey w/Twisted Shifterz Shift Knob / rear turn signal mod

Spyder Garage

Those are not Slingmods Sequential Lights. Those are made by TricLed.
    They look great when you get them installed.
    https://store.valueaccessories.net/RykerFenderLEDs.aspx
    Rick
    Spyder Lovers Vendor
    Value-Accessories

Spyder Garage

Was looking at those, but not all that sure about the sideways sequential thing. I'd prefer a solid flashing blinker. Less confusing for other drivers I'd think (Is he signalling he's going forward, or backing up?).

Also be nice to have a wiring harness for just the red lights.

* Bonus points to the first one to figure out how to hook those up as brake lights ... ;-}
    Half a million miles, and I ain't dead yet.

See my album at https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...p?albumid=5190

Spyder Garage

Good tips here. I’ll add that I taped a towel to the A ams for protection and there’s a zip tie to cut at the very bottom of the fender. Also, when removing the existing directional, the front of the fender has to bent downwards pretty hard to get it UN clipped.
    Good luck
    Vince F in Niagara Falls
    2022 Spyder F3 Special Edition
    2020 Ryker Rally, sold
    2022 F3S , Stock Lamonster black diamond Monolith Black Satin

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Take the fender off. Place on towel and sit at a table and work on them. Lots of patience needed for routing the wires so they fit nicely. I highly recommend adding some clear silicone where the wires go into the lights and also around the perimeter near the double tape to seal them from water.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sKiZo View Post

* Bonus points to the first one to figure out how to hook those up as brake lights ... ;-}
    I tried hooking them up as brake lights. I applied a constant 12v to test and they started flashing! Built in flashers! I suppose because they're LED, if they didn't have their own built in flashers, they'd cause a hyperflash?
    2019 Ryker 900
    Goodies list: 2up seating with Can-am comfort seats and foldable back rest / Can-am handguards and deflectors / LinQ top case / Can-am tank bag / Elka Stage 3 rear shock / Baja Ron anti-sway bar / AdvancedSportTouring helmet locks / Providence cup holder w/ABC bottle cage / SlingMods parking brake lock / keyless "Duo" frunk lock / front fender sequential LED turn signal and running lights / brake light flashers / Shift Jockey w/Twisted Shifterz Shift Knob / rear turn signal mod

Spyder Garage

light.jpglight 2.jpg the bottom of the front light has to be pried the whole way out. i used a putty knife to keep it out. then there are tabs on both sides of the light about where the bend is. the fender needs pried out until they pop out. once i got it started to come out i used the putty knife in the groove at the top and tapped it out. i just finished two rykers. first fender took 6-8 hours, last one about 3light 3.jpglight 4.jpg if you cut the wheel you can get the mounting bracket over the tie rod. i used zip ties through mounting holes to keep it in place. i tried the keep the sensor wire slack

Spyder Garage

there are a couple youtube videos, search ryker fender lights. i don't think you need the shrink tube because they changed the splitter end. the new end goes over the red rubber seals. if you watch the slingmods video the end is different. plug.jpg