Spyder Garage

Default Took a little warm up ride today

A buddy and I have a 5-6 hour road trip planned for this coming Friday, so I thought I'd take a little pre-warm up ride. Paid a visit to the small town of Harrington WA. I was planning to hit up the US Bank ATM. Imagine my surprise to discover they closed that particular branch. So as not to make the trip a total bust, I stopped for a coffee and bagel with cream cheese here:

20210922_133032.jpg

I got to watch the city crews putting up flags on Main St for an event coming up later this month. On my way out of town, I thought I had better make a pit stop at the park before I left. I was surprised to find the rest rooms were actually opened.

20210922_130327.jpg

I decided to take Highway 23 south to I-90 rather then deal with all the grain trucks running the Hills/Harrington Rd. Hwy 23 had some nice twisties that I wasn't expecting. Nothing like the Tail of the Dragon, but still fun.

This is a link to a map of my ride.

https://www.relive.cc/view/veqzB9n477q
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Sounds like a great ride.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default nice country

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    A buddy and I have a 5-6 hour road trip planned for this coming Friday, so I thought I'd take a little pre-warm up ride. Paid a visit to the small town of Harrington WA. I was planning to hit up the US Bank ATM. Imagine my surprise to discover they closed that particular branch. So as not to make the trip a total bust, I stopped for a coffee and bagel with cream cheese here:

20210922_133032.jpg

I got to watch the city crews putting up flags on Main St for an event coming up later this month. On my way out of town, I thought I had better make a pit stop at the park before I left. I was surprised to find the rest rooms were actually opened.

20210922_130327.jpg

I decided to take Highway 23 south to I-90 rather then deal with all the grain trucks running the Hills/Harrington Rd. Hwy 23 had some nice twisties that I wasn't expecting. Nothing like the Tail of the Dragon, but still fun.

This is a link to a map of my ride.

https://www.relive.cc/view/veqzB9n477q
    looks like nice country. hope to get that way sometime.
    just got my spyder the end of march and loving it

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dabikerguy View Post
    looks like nice country. hope to get that way sometime.
    I live in the high desert area of the state between like Spokane and the Columbia River. It is almost all farm land with wheat being the major crop up here. What does that mean? For most of the year everything is basically different shades of brown. But it sure is pretty during the summer when the wheat starts to grow and all you can see from here to the horizon is fields of green. Sometimes you'll see huge fields of gold, which you learn is canola from which canola oil is pressed.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired

Spyder Garage

I love the Relive app, you used, for remnenissing your ride, sure looks like a great trip, How's the spyder behaving?, since you where on a ryker before
    the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it........

Spyder F3s 2019 All Black ( Named it: Brutus)
    Carbon Items added, just for looks
    Upgraded Shocks Trac-Tive, Rear hi/lo and rebound adjustable, with Hydraulic Pre-Load adjuster
    fronts hi/lo and rebound adjustable, custom made by the Trac-Tive Guru's
    Swaybar (Ron's)
    Tyres Front Michelin Cross Climate+ 175/60-15
    Rear, for 2022 still a Kenda, next Yokohama Advan Fleva 205/55R15
    Exhaust Bone stock, with a RLS Cat- Delete
    Custom ECU-Mapping, rewritten/adapted to my Ridingstyle
    Pedalbox, Awesome Upgrade...
    2019 F3s , O.E.M. Black, Black, Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Piratezz View Post
    I love the Relive app, you used, for remnenissing your ride, sure looks like a great trip, How's the spyder behaving?, since you where on a ryker before
    I'm really liking the Spyder. It's a whole different ryde. For me it is a lot more comfortable. I enjoy the dynamic power steering, makes handling tight curves so much easier for these old shoulders. Another thing I love is all the storage room. I found out my frunk can hold my full sized modular helmet. My back trunk can told my riding jacket, and I have the two saddle bags as back up. I can now take trips to the store on my Spyder to pick up odds and ends that I couldn't do on my Ryker. In fact I now look for excuses to go to the store.

The only down side so far is how much higher I have to lift these stiff old hips up to swing my leg over the saddle. That was a lot easier for me to do on the Ryker. But at the end of the day the Spyder provides me with the riding experience I was looking for. My Ryker and I enjoyed 12,000 + miles worth of adventures together, and I feel good knowing whoever purchased it from the dealer was going to get a very dependable machine.
    Greg Kamer

USAF, 20 years, retired