Spyder Garage

Default My 2021 S2S is All in pieces - defective air bag & dead stereo!

Sept 22, 2021

I stopped by my dealer yesterday and saw my 2021 Sea to Sky in many pieces. They replaced the defective air bag and are now trying to repair the stereo radio problem of cutting in and out. Now they say it doesn't go on at all. It's been there a week and now they are waiting for a return call from BRP electronics department to help them solve the problem. Looks like another week or two sitting outside under the tent roof with a tarp over it. The windshield, the tupperware and all kinds of parts showing. All this time out waiting for a stupid stereo to work. I never ever had an audio problem with any of my cycles. Lucky me to buy a brand new BURP product.

P.S. I just happen to stop by an IronBear dealer in Jersey. You talk about garbage. It looks like these little cycles were made in somebodies basement. What junk. Of course it came from China and is cheap to sell to kids. JMO

Motogordo Spyderman

I hear that the response time between BURP and the dealer is another long wait. I wish these Spyders would be like cars when you bring them in for service in the morning, you pick them up that same day. I am sure the dealers don't have enough technicians to service the bikes in a reasonable time period. Everyone wants to save money, and who suffers ? The Spyder owners suffer. Bummer.
    Last edited by Motogordo; 09-22-2021 at 04:37 PM.

Spyder Garage

you'd think after all the years BRP has been building Spyder's, they would have ironed out all the kinks by now. I know the riding season in Jersey is closing fast and I feel your pain.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motogordo View Post
    Sept 22, 2021

P.S. I just happen to stop by an IronBear dealer in Jersey. You talk about garbage. It looks like these little cycles were made in somebodies basement. What junk. Of course it came from China and is cheap to sell to kids. JMO

What are Iron Bear cycles?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-22-2021 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

A guess...Spyder "knock offs."

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Hello: MG.

Sorry to hear that the saga continues. Please keep us posted.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

...I wish these Spyders would be like cars when you bring them in for service in the morning, you pick them up that same day...
    Cages are necessities for most folks. The middle word in BRP is what? Recreational! The word alone implies absolutely no sense of need or urgency -- UNFORTUNATELY!
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Looks like another week or two sitting outside under the tent roof with a tarp over it.
    thats SAD
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    Cages are necessities for most folks. The middle word in BRP is what? Recreational! The word alone implies absolutely no sense of need or urgency -- UNFORTUNATELY!
    RECREATIONAL also means it's a TOY and the owner has money to burn.....or so the dealers think.
    ‘21 Honda Rebel 1100 DTC Burgundy
    ‘13 Spyder RT-L Pearl White

Spyder Garage

cheap chinese knockoffs of honda etc. Under $2,000 and look like hell. LOL.

Spyder Garage

Sept 25, 2021

To me it is a toy for fun. However at the price of these so called toys, they are not really toys. It's like a second car. It is for my mental well being.

Spyder Garage

Sept 25, 2021

I just back from my dealer, East Coast Cycle Center in Bensalem, Pa. They were mentioning that there have been lots of reports with stereo and audio problems on the RT's. They were in touch with BURP and looks like they will now replace the entire dash which includes the radio and everything else. Glad to hear that. I just wonder when they replace the dash, what happens to the odometer readings ?

Motogordo Spyderman

Spyder Garage

Sept 25, 2021

I just back from my dealer, East Coast Cycle Center in Bensalem, Pa. They were mentioning that there have been lots of reports with stereo and audio problems on the RT's. They were in touch with BURP and looks like they will now replace the entire dash which includes the radio and everything else. Glad to hear that. I just wonder when they replace the dash, what happens to the odometer readings ?

Motogordo Spyderman
    In the past, when an odometer is replaced, you start over with mileage. There should be a notation on the title that the odometer is replaced at X miles.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

"ironbear cycles" doesn't show up on a Google search for me.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Sept 25, 2021

Motogordo Spyderman
    I most cases with auto's they mark on the back side of the new unit with the readings off the old one! I don't know what they do for bikes!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I feel your pain and wish your spyder a speedy recovery.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

Sept 27, 2021

Thank you Joel. I also wish you the best with your engine problem. Good luck and a speedy recovery.

Motogordo Spyderman

Spyder Garage

Can you tell me a little more on the radio problem. Yesterday my S2S audio stopped working. No radio, no Bluetooth audio. But the phone was still connected. Just had nothing on the audio screen. Then all of a sudden it started working again. Hopefully I am not experiencing the death of my audio also.

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    Absolutely there is no sense of urgency on BRP or their dealers. It took over 3 months to fix mine after the accident I had. I kept on stressing that my F3 is my daily driver and not something that I just rode on the weekend.

Didn't matter to them and to throw salt in the wound I was told that I was being fit in between "regular appointments" which meant at this dealership I was slowing down their mechanic from doing setup for new sales during the summer.

I guess my insurance company paying them 149/hr. didn't qualify my F3 for a "regular appointment". It took over 3 months to complete 31 hours of work.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CloverHillCrawler View Post
    Absolutely there is no sense of urgency on BRP or their dealers. It took over 3 months to fix mine after the accident I had. I kept on stressing that my F3 is my daily driver and not something that I just rode on the weekend.
    Absolutely !! This seems to be a general failure in the BRP dealer network. Most of their other products are for recreational use, such as the SeaDoos and sleds and the 4X4. Of course some of these other machines are used professionally, but most are for fun. BRP doesn't seem equipped repair road machines with the necessary speed. It's very dependent on the specific dealer you use. That's why I go to Arctic Adventures instead of Dutchess Recreational Vehicles.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey