Spyder Garage

Question Which universal tankbag?

Looking for a universal tankbag for the Ryker and wondering what you use as a universal tankbag (type) and how/ where you fasten the straps on the bike (photos appreciated if you have them).

I assume that magnetic tankbags do not work - or am I wrong in assuming that?

Spyder Garage

Depends on what your assumptions are about the magnetic tank bag...the magnetic part works great! The bag stays put. There are some loose fitting straps on it to prevent the bag from completely falling off, yet still allows it to move just far enough out of the way to open the fuel hatch. However, it is a small bag and the window in the top to display your smart phone wont hold a lot of phones very well if that's a feature that is important to you.
    2019 Ryker 900
    Goodies list: 2up seating with Can-am comfort seats and foldable back rest / Can-am handguards and deflectors / LinQ top case / Can-am tank bag / Elka Stage 3 rear shock / Baja Ron anti-sway bar / AdvancedSportTouring helmet locks / Providence cup holder w/ABC bottle cage / SlingMods parking brake lock / keyless "Duo" frunk lock / front fender sequential LED turn signal and running lights / brake light flashers / Shift Jockey w/Twisted Shifterz Shift Knob / rear turn signal mod

Spyder Garage

n8dogg - I am not looking for the can am bag but want something bigger (15-20l) _ would like a universal bag but am wondering if magnetic universal bags fit on the tanK & stay put or if there are bags with straps that work better.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Inge View Post
    n8dogg - I am not looking for the can am bag but want something bigger (15-20l) _ would like a universal bag but am wondering if magnetic universal bags fit on the tanK & stay put or if there are bags with straps that work better.
    we use an old Moto-Guzzi bag, you can use most ot the motorcycle which have a tank like the ryker would work, BMW GS / Honda african Twin aso .. just fix two brackets on the top and a rubber-strip under the frame on the top if the driver seat ... give all what is heavy in the tankbag - no problem !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtQsis3FES4&t=41s

greeting from Austria
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Chris - thanks for the info. That makes searching easier. I get what you mean with the 2 top strips. But do not quite understand what you mean with a rubber strip under the frame on the top of the driver seat. Could you maybe explain that further to me.

I take it that you put the heavier items at the bottom (towards the seat) in the tankbag?