Spyder Garage

Default Forgot how fun Emporium area was!

Wife and I took a 450 mile ride yesterday through cooks forest to St Marys, 555>120>872>879>144>44 and back past the Kinzua dam on 6>59. Forgot how fun the roads are towards Emporium area. What a great 10 hour ride! I didn’t see any spyders?

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wmoater View Post
    Wife and I took a 450 mile ride yesterday through cooks forest to St Marys, 555>120>872>879>144>44 and back past the Kinzua dam on 6>59. Forgot how fun the roads are towards Emporium area. What a great 10 hour ride! I didn’t see any spyders?
    We were also out riding yesterday in south central PA...We did the Staple Bend & Gallitzin railroad tunnels...Only 160 miles...Saw 3 other Spyders...BEAUTIFUL RIDING DAY...larryd

Spyder Garage

For many of us, the prime time for riding is upon us. Fall colors kicking in or showing nicely. Temps in the low 70's. Hopefully, a lot of bright sunshine days to go along with it. The jackets will be coming for us within the next month or so. Not to hot, not to cold. Just beautiful scenery.

Enjoy.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Adding this area to my bucket list of rides I can do on an overnight trip from my base in CT.

My Mods:
    Elka Stage 5 rear shock with spring preload adjust
    Monster Stage 2 ECU
    Pedal Commander
    RLS cat delete
    Baja Ron sway bar
    Baker Air Wings upper and lower
    Viking saddle bags
    Third pegs
    Vredestein tires front and rear
    Mad Stad windshield
    X-creen windshield deflector
    Front and rear drive cam
    Garmin Zumo XT
    Heated gear wiring
    Lamonster LED headlights
    Lamonster LED foglights
    Lamonster frame mount cupholder
    BRP heated handgrips
    Lamonster drivers backrest
    BRP passenger backrest
    Lidlock handlebar end helmet locks
    Barkbusters Storm handguards
    2020 F3S-SS , Titanium/Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hyner View has one of the most spectacular overlooks east of the Mississippi...The Kinzua Bridge is equally impressive...And if you want to impress the miss's stop at "Tall Oaks" gift shop... http://www.talloaksstores.com/...Rt 6 has many spectacular places to visit and the fall foliage is breath taking this time of the year...We enjoy traveling from the PA Grand Canyon at Wellsboro west to Erie...Rt 6 is very motorcycle friendly...larryd

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Not too far away from all of that is Bennezette in Elk County. The rut is beginning. Great fun to be staring at a big bull elk, and him staring right back, while sitting on a Spyder.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by larryd View Post
    Hyner View has one of the most spectacular overlooks east of the Mississippi...The Kinzua Bridge is equally impressive...And if you want to impress the miss's stop at "Tall Oaks" gift shop... http://www.talloaksstores.com/...Rt 6 has many spectacular places to visit and the fall foliage is breath taking this time of the year...We enjoy traveling from the PA Grand Canyon at Wellsboro west to Erie...Rt 6 is very motorcycle friendly...larryd

The 666 is a great road to travel and my wife does like to stop there too (tall oaks) ! Another great route is 949 to 948 to 666 from the south. We’ll run 322 out of meadville to 949. Then run 127 back to tidiuote and north to 27 and back to warren. Forgot about Hyner! Been a while. We’re heading back in 2 weeks for fall colors. Will have to stop and refresh my memory. There’s a great campground called “ole bull” we are staying at. Awesome for a small toyhauler! When it comes to the reservoir, The left side (west side) of the reservoir is also a hidden gem. Most don’t run that side but stick to the 59 east side. There’s only one road on the west side out of warren. Not hard to find. Runs by the old boy scout camp and into NY. Then keep going and end up in ellicioutville.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

Beautiful area for sure! We were there in October...I saw one other Spyder because he rode up with our group lol