Spyder Garage

Default Does Garmin XT GPS need an app to connect to BRP Connect &/or Intercom?

Have a Garmin zumo xt do you have to get a app to hook it to your helmet intercom and do you have to get a APP to hook anything to the BRP like your Bluetooth head set and phone what I read it sounds like it ,,, THANKS

Spyder Garage

The ZUMO can connect via Bluetooth directly to your headset and/or Spyder (don't know your yr or if BT capable). You do the same with your phone to - direct to headset (or Spyder). NO APP IS NEEDED FOR THAT CAPABILITY.

If you are looking to use BRP Connect, 1st good luck! You need the BRP phone APP AND you need to plug your phone into the USB port PLUS Bluetooth pair phone to Spyder.

I just do the BT direct from phone, zumo, and RT to headset without BRP nuisance.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you have a 2018 or newer model (except base model) you use a smartphone to connect via bluetooth and cable. The BRP Connect app has a list of compatible apps. 3 are navigation. Genius Maps, Sygic and Rever. The first two use downloaded maps and Rever requires cell service. Youtube has lots of videos on how to use it. Apple Music and Dash Radio are music apps. FOBO ii, Eat, Sleep, Ride (similar to Rever)

Rever now has map overlays one of which is radar. It tracks as well as provide navigation. Sygic is $30 a year. Genius Maps is $75 one time fee. (Much cheaper that a Garmin) The BRP C app has links to tutorial videos.

No, you can't connect a Garmin. Only Power it, mount it and pair headset to it.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Flamewinger is correct.
    I have a Garmin XT on my 2020 RT Limited.
    I use Two SENA 20S headsets for communication, with a Galaxy Note 20 for a phone.
    I use an old Galaxy S7 as a music source. This is powered by a cable in the trunk.
    Here are my connections.

I have the S7 paired by BT to the Spyder as a music source. This allows me to use the controls of the bike to choose the songs, adjust volume if necessary, and toggle the bike speakers on or off.
    Each SENA is paired to the bike to receive music.
    Each SENA is paired to the other to provide intercom capability.
    I have the Garmin XT paired to my headset to hear navigation instructions. I do not have the capability of running the navigation instructions through the bike speakers.
    I have my phone paired to the Garmin XT to make and receive calls through the headset, although generally I will only receive calls while moving. I'll stop if I need to generate a call. I'm retired now. To be honest, I don't get many important phone calls anymore, so I'll typically ignore the phone when riding.

Another alternative:
    You can get a bluetooth receiver, connect it to the AUX input of the bike and pair the Zumo XT to the receiver. This allows you to use the bike controls to direct the navigation instructions to the speakers or your headset, but you can't use the bike controls to modify or receive any music.
    You need to use the Zumo XT as the music source, and control the music selection from the Zumo.

I hope I haven't confused you.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

My Garmin 396 will NOT pair with my 2021 RTL (wish it would). Instead, I have it paired to a Bluetooth receiver that the AUX is plugged into to receive spoken directions over the speakers and use the media player on the Zumo. I don't have the Garmin or CanAm apps on my cell phone. The phone is just paired to the headset (which is paired to the other headset).
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Longtimer, I have a Zumo XT, which for me is the perfect GPS unit. I did not like the size of the BRPS Sygic screen, nor its operation, as part of BRP Connect. However, I DID want to be able to use BRP C for FOBO, phone and music, so I didn’t want the XT to control everything.

My compromise is to bluetooth the XT to my UClear Motion headset, bluetooth BRPC also to my UClear headset, and connect my iPhone via glovebox cable to BRPC. This works a treat for me, with music, phone, FOBO etc controlled through BRPC. The UClear is smart enough to interrupt music with XT directions.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Here what I was thinking of doing I was going to. Pair both helmet to the cell phones. then pair the zumo to the spyder and also pair both helmets to the spyder. If I do this will I be able to only hear the GPS in my helmet and not hers. And can I run the gps though the speakers if I want to. The GPS is for the spyder only and won't be move to others and there will be times when the GPS will not be on spyder if riding local , I like the idea of being able to use.the bike radio controls etc and also so useing the FM radio on helmets then also I think I can use the GPS as a music source with a card installed in it (i think that's what I read)???? This is on a 2020 spyder limited the head set is a Car do Bold. THANKS for all the help

Spyder Garage

You cannot pair the gps to the spyder unless you buy a blutooth dongle and connect it to the bike via the aux input. As you've said, you can use the gps as a music source, but you will not be able to use the bike controls to operate your music. You will need operate the music by means of the gps. This may work out well for you. Personally, I prefer to operate the music via the bike controls, but that's just me. I could be wrong.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey