Spyder Garage

Default New to Three Wheels

My wife and I are new to three wheels after riding on two for fifty seven years. Looking forward to riding, learning, and experiencing life on three. Also sharing my experiences and life beyond with the forum., but please bare with me due to I have absolutely no experience with these forums so learning this will be a work in progress. Heck, I don't even know if I'm doing this right... But anyway, HI
    2013 RT , Yellow

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Welcome to the forum V2banger. You got this! Live to Ride, Ride to Live!
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

CopperSpyder, thank you so very much. I knew I did something wrong when I posted this after looking back at it. At that point, I figured I already did something against the rules so figured I would be short lived here as a member. I have never been involved with any kind of forum before, but since I've been on here all day, I've learned somethings about it. Not to mention the huge brain trust this forum has. I have enjoyed every minute I've been on here today, also expecting to be booted off at any minute..... But thanks again for getting my thread (?) straightened out....
    2013 RT , Yellow

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by v2banger View Post
    CopperSpyder, thank you so very much. I knew I did something wrong when I posted this after looking back at it. At that point, I figured I already did something against the rules so figured I would be short lived here as a member. I have never been involved with any kind of forum before, but since I've been on here all day, I've learned somethings about it. Not to mention the huge brain trust this forum has. I have enjoyed every minute I've been on here today, also expecting to be booted off at any minute..... But thanks again for getting my thread (?) straightened out....
    lol nothing wrong at all. first post you did good. You will get use to the place and how it works with the Tabs above. Click away, is the best way to find your way around. you can always just ask a question if your not sure or just use the PM (Private Message) system to a moderator or someone you know by clicking on their name you will see a drop down box, select Private Message. by doing that they will get the message you send to them.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Three Wheels v2banger. I hope that you Enjoy the Ryde.

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

Welcome!

Spyder Garage

Welcome V2,

A real wealth of knowledge on the forum. One really has to be a jerk to get kicked off but it has happened. You'll get warned first. My is Circuit Yellow also---- just glows in the sunlight.

So-- the only dumb question is the one you don't ask as we have all been there and done that.

Enjoy the ryde,
    Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Welcome.

Spyder Garage

Gotta love those VTwins. Welcome Be sure to read Spyder do's and don'ts especially the older ones that refer to the VTwins. Hope you have miles of smiles on that Spyder. I also came from 50+ years on 2 wheels now have 6 years/69,000+ miles on the Spyder. Look forward to seeing stories about your adventures.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Welcome v2banger, hope you an your wife have plenty of great rides on your spyder. Its good to see another person from WA. on this site. Maybe me an my wife will run into you an your wife someday riding. Enjoy your spyder. Nathan in Yakima WA.

Spyder Garage

and I used to have a yellow 2014. Good Spyders.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I know where you're coming from....I came over from a 1900cc V-twin that I triked out when my hip and knees went out, but it started to leave me on the road when I least wanted to be left out there. Then I had to wait for days for parts, just to get me and the bike back home. So I decided to get one of those God awful ugly things from CanAm called a Spyder (that my wife was riding), now....I love the dang thing, and maybe they are not as ugly as I thought, because I think mine is pretty cool looking! Ride safe and enjoy, but most of all, give yourself time to learn the bike because it is totally different that anything you have ever had. You don't "ride" it, you "drive" it.........

O. J.
    Ridin' "Lucille", the MusicMaker
    a 2017 F3 Limited (Pure Magnesium Metallic)
    Wife, Jan, riding "Ruby Jane"
    a 2016 F3-T (Intense Red Pearl)
    2017 F3-Limited , Magnesium (light grey)

Spyder Garage

Welcome! Read your operator's guide very thoroughly. Have fun, ride safely.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Welcome, and don’t give up on motorcycleforum.com as well (I recognize the user name). I also came to the Spyder after decades with 2 wheels but I am really glad I did so. And so is my wife as my frequent passenger. No more worries about tip overs when stopping on a slick road, no more terror when asphalt turns to gravel or dirt. It will take a while to stop reaching for a front brake lever that isn’t there, or a clutch lever. And coming too a stop without the need for putting a foot down may take awhile. Steering is not as much fun as leaning, but with a Spyder you will still be out in the wind, and still riding. Stay safe.
    2021 Spyder RT
    2023 Royal Enfield Hunter 350
    Retired U.S. Army
    Life Member, NRA
    2021 RT , Petrol (blue)

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by v2banger View Post
    My wife and I are new to three wheels after riding on two for fifty seven years. Looking forward to riding, learning, and experiencing life on three. Also sharing my experiences and life beyond with the forum., but please bare with me due to I have absolutely no experience with these forums so learning this will be a work in progress. Heck, I don't even know if I'm doing this right... But anyway, HI
    Welcome to the bunch, It's nice to see a NEW (hahahaha) guy to riding here. The Spyder is a different ride for sure but after you
    get used to it it is great.
    Ride Save
    Dave