Spyder Garage

Default No throttle response after oil & filter change - any ideas?

Recently acquired a 2014 RTL @ 27kmi and decided to do my own oil/filters work. Changed HCM and fuel filters and oil.
    put it back together and it starts fine but there is no throttle response...I've taken it back apart and no sign of wire/plug
    issues (didnt touch any but thought it worth a check).
    Is this something the BUDS gizmo at the dealer should fix or is there something I'm missing that others have experienced

Thanks
    Tom

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You didnt hit the throttle body actuator when removing the oil filter?

Spyder Garage

I didnt remove the oil filter...the PO changed the oil/filter about 800 mi back so I just changed the oil (after most of the original oil ended up
    on the garage floor during the HCM filter replacement). I may have bumped the actuator so I'll have a close look whilst I have the tupperware
    off....tnx

One more thing I'm noticing is that once started the idle is about 1000....if I gently twist the throttle
    I can get it to peak at 1400 then it immediately drops back to 1000. Not sure how informative that is....

Ok...still getting informed of the data on the digital indicator panel...it appears to be showing
    Transmission Control Module component malfunction cause....doesnt sound good
    Last edited by cyclerambler; 09-18-2021 at 10:06 AM. Reason: update

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I wonder if you need to hook up BUDS and prime the HCM. Most dont but it your case you may have to.?? Sounds like your in LIMP mode??

You pulled any codes?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    I wonder if you need to hook up BUDS and prime the HCM. Most dont but it your case you may have to.?? Sounds like your in LIMP mode??

You pulled any codes?
    How can I find the codes? Do I need BUDS for that?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Great...thanks...the codes are:

P07B1
    P0934

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

07B1 TCM BOSCH Clutch valve stuck open on Tank
    A particle made the valve to stick in its close to tank position.
    No pressure can be generated. Pilot valve mechanically broken, creating constant 0 bar pilot pressure no matter solenoid
    current change engine oil, engine oil filter and HCU oil filter

P0934 TCM BOSCH Clutch Pressure sensor Circuit Low Damaged wiring harness Unpowered sensor Output of the sensor shorted to GND Damaged TCM Measure resistance between TCMA-B2 and OPS-2 (expected value: < 2 ohms). Measure resistance between TCMA-J3 and OPS-1 (expected value: < 2 ohms). Measure resistance between TCMA-M2 and OPS-3 (expected value: < 2 ohms). Replace sensor Replace TCM unit P0935 TCM BOSCH Clutch Pressure sensor Circuit High Damaged wiring harness Output of the sensor shorted to Ignition or 5V Damaged TCM

I just copied and pasted but there are breaks in the text.

Spyder Garage

07B1 TCM BOSCH Clutch valve stuck open on Tank
    A particle made the valve to stick in its close to tank position.
    No pressure can be generated. Pilot valve mechanically broken, creating constant 0 bar pilot pressure no matter solenoid
    current change engine oil, engine oil filter and HCU oil filter

P0934 TCM BOSCH Clutch Pressure sensor Circuit Low Damaged wiring harness Unpowered sensor Output of the sensor shorted to GND Damaged TCM Measure resistance between TCMA-B2 and OPS-2 (expected value: < 2 ohms). Measure resistance between TCMA-J3 and OPS-1 (expected value: < 2 ohms). Measure resistance between TCMA-M2 and OPS-3 (expected value: < 2 ohms). Replace sensor Replace TCM unit P0935 TCM BOSCH Clutch Pressure sensor Circuit High Damaged wiring harness Output of the sensor shorted to Ignition or 5V Damaged TCM

I just copied and pasted but there are breaks in the text.
    Thanks...the first one seems basic but I just did the oil and hcm filter change.....also changed the fuel filter...maybe I buggered something up there...will check.

Found a connector that was loose...now only P07B1
    Last edited by cyclerambler; 09-18-2021 at 02:43 PM. Reason: update

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well good luck and hope you find the issue. I know some have put oil in the new HCM filter too. Not sure if this would help in anyway.. Still may need to purge the air but just guessing at this time.

Spyder Garage

Well good luck and hope you find the issue. I know some have put oil in the new HCM filter too. Not sure if this would help in anyway.. Still may need to purge the air but just guessing at this time.
    Thanks for your help...greatly appreciated...
    Is there another way, besides Buds, to purge the air?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

try putting it in gear while its idling. Foot on brake. Maybe it will move some fluid around? Not sure what else to try
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    try putting it in gear while its idling. Foot on brake. Maybe it will move some fluid around? Not sure what else to try
    Thanks Joel...well I'll be danged!!! Started it up...put in reverse, foot on brake, parking brake off...slowly revved...felt like it wanted to take off
    so put it in neutral and twisted the throttle and it spooled way up!!! Kawabunga! Things are looking up!

Thanks
    Tom

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad it worked!!!!!!!
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Must have pushed that pocket thru and got the oil moving again.

Spyder Garage

Every time I've changed my oil and filter, including at the 56K service when I changed the HCM filter, after I removed both plugs and oil drained from the crankcase/dry sump and cutch cover, when I loosened the seal on the oil filter cap I heard the sound of additional oil draining out of the clutch cover plug hole. Since cyclerambler only drained the oil but apparently did not break the seal of the oil filter canister that may be where some air got into the system and caused the engine not to spool up. Putting the engine in gear probably got oil circulating in the appropriate parts of the engine and purged the system of air pockets. Just my guess.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S