Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default I was on a very "twistie road " ..when this happened

I " passed " a late model Ferrari ..... I was following two cars that were going 30 mph ..... and there wasn't much room between cars ...... It still amazes me how Quick an RT can go in ... 2nd .. gear .... I passed the F and a couple turns later the BMW ..... The guy in the Ferrari actually waved as I flew by and with all five fingers not just one ..... Not so for the guy in the Beemer ............ just another day in life of the Spyder .... Ride safe .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Sadly, lots of 'fast' cars are "driven" by slowpokes.
    On the other end of that scale was the pickup truck in WV twisties that our 2-wheeled crew couldn't keep up with. And believe me, we tried!
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Most often it seems that the drivers of expensive sports cars are either too old and timid to really drive those cars, or are seemingly obsessed with "babying" them to as not to harm their "investment". Corvettes are almost a stereotype as slow driving, right lane vehicles on the highway. BMW two seaters much the same.
    2021 Spyder RT
    Retired U.S. Army
    Life Member, NRA
    2021 RT , Petrol (blue)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vito1943 View Post
    Most often it seems that the drivers of expensive sports cars are either too old and timid to really drive those cars, or are seemingly obsessed with "babying" them to as not to harm their "investment". Corvettes are almost a stereotype as slow driving, right lane vehicles on the highway. BMW two seaters much the same.
    Looking back on my passing maneuver, if I was in that Ferrari I don't think I would have passed either. He had a Very fast car, but the Spyder was actually QUICKER .... and there is a difference between those terms. .....JMHO ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

The thing about being in the Ferrari is that you don't have to prove anything to anyone. You've already done it, you're in the Ferrari!!!!!

BK911, was it that road thru Smugglers Notch? I used to go to Essex Junction, Stowe every fall for my wife's b'day and would drive back to Montreal via the Notch. I sure miss that with the border being closed.
    Eckhard

Spyder RT Ltd, 2011
    2011 RT Ltd. , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Looking back on my passing maneuver, if I was in that Ferrari I don't think I would have passed either. He had a Very fast car, but the Spyder was actually QUICKER .... and there is a difference between those terms. .....JMHO ..... Mike
    You’re so awesome Mike !
    it was fun while it lasted.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I " passed " a late model Ferrari ..... I was following two cars that were going 30 mph ..... and there wasn't much room between cars ...... It still amazes me how Quick an RT can go in ... 2nd .. gear .... I passed the F and a couple turns later the BMW ..... The guy in the Ferrari actually waved as I flew by and with all five fingers not just one ..... Not so for the guy in the Beemer ............ just another day in life of the Spyder .... Ride safe .... Mike
    Yup, they're pretty quick for a 'detuned' touring bike.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RayBJ View Post
    Sadly, lots of 'fast' cars are "driven" by slowpokes.
    On the other end of that scale was the pickup truck in WV twisties that our 2-wheeled crew couldn't keep up with. And believe me, we tried!
    I rode US 33 West through WV this summer on my Wing. I was really surprised at how fast cars ... even trucks ... go through those curves. No waiting for most of those folks. I am guessing they are just used to driving in turns like that?
    Current Rides:
    2015 Spyder ST-S SM5
    2016 Honda Gold Wing ABS/Navi
    2022 Royal Enfield Classic 350
    2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vito1943 View Post
    Can't say I have seen that with BMW owners but have seen that quite a bit with Corvette owners. One older lady (maybe mid to late 60's) in my complex just bought a brand new Corvette. That thing spend more time in the garage than on the road. I had the misfortune of being behind her turning a corner...took literally 2 minutes to turn a simple corner and could have pushed that car faster.