Spyder Garage

Default Comments & suggestions on Front Tires?

New owner of 2017 Spyder RT Limited with original tires. Have read different posts regarding replacement of front tires. Intrigued by the thought of tire(s) with a stiffer sidewall to help reduce body roll while cornering. Comments and suggestions appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-16-2021 at 05:13 AM. Reason: Removed Prefix - this is a 'What should I use?' question not a 'How To: DIY' guide. ;-)

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default New Member

First off, Welcome to the Spyder Forum.
    Check out the posts on this Forum.

Currently there are 2 or 3 up running. Check them out.

Front tires are easy to replace. If you can remove your wheels/tires from your Spyder.
    You will save a ton of money.

Good Luck .....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Federal Formoza high performance tires on the front of our Spyder RT, and have installed them for others with never a complaint.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Do a search for front tires here in the forum. It'll take you longer to read all the info and comments than it would take you to ride to New York!!!!!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

If BODY ROLL in corners is what you're trying to fix, you'll be better off getting a BajaRon sway bar or replacement shocks. Auto tires will add traction and give a better 'feel' for the road.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default spyder tires

Quote Originally Posted by Fredly View Post
    New owner of 2017 Spyder RT Limited with original tires. Have read different posts regarding replacement of front tires. Intrigued by the thought of tire(s) with a stiffer sidewall to help reduce body roll while cornering. Comments and suggestions appreciated. Thanks!
    & .... currently the New model Vredestein tire ( the Quatrac ) is the highest rated tire available .... you can get them now ( even in the current tire shortage ) from tirerack.com ..... 165/60-15 .... if you order on-line or by phone check the " decline veh. info box " ... these are AUTO tires and they might not sell them to you .... for LEGAL reasons ..... even tho the Spyder has AUTO type " J " wheels which match Auto tire " bead " shape ... I could type for Hours explaining this, but it has already been posted here for years ..... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Do yourself a favor if you have a rainy Saturday morning and get a cup of coffee and type in the search engine, car tires, and get ready to drink a pot of coffee and oh yes have a couple aspirin ready, because you will get a headache for sure!!! You have to do it at least once!!! The Bluenight is worth listening to in my book, he has this subject hands down, trust me!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Do yourself a favor if you have a rainy Saturday morning and get a cup of coffee and type in the search engine, car tires, and get ready to drink a pot of coffee and oh yes have a couple aspirin ready, because you will get a headache for sure!!! You have to do it at least once!!! The Bluenight is worth listening to in my book, he has this subject hands down, trust me!!!
    Well thank you for the compliment ...... also Peter Aawen has excellent info ( if you like very long explanations ) but they are worth reading ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

Default thanks Mike

Thanks Mike, just ordered 2 of the Vredsteins 165/60/R15's going on my 2015 RT
    Last edited by thereverend; 09-28-2021 at 02:41 PM. Reason: mispelled

Spyder Garage

Fredly, I Sent PM
    2017 RTL Asphalt Grey Metallic Chrome
    2017 RTL , Asphalt Grey Mettalic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fredly View Post
    I have a '17 RTL and this is my write up of NanKangs on it https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?124948-Nankang-XR611-Rear-225-50R15-fitted-to-RTL
    2017 RTL
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Federal Formoza high performance tires on the front of our Spyder RT, and have installed them for others with never a complaint.
    Federal Formoza AZ01 @ 17 psi for fronts, Kumho Ecsta AST KU25 All-season tire 225/50R15 91H @ 18 psi, If "Management" is riding along I up psi to 20.
    2015 RTS SE6 Special Series Red/Black w/Magnesium front fenders(bought in Nov. 2018 w/9,400 miles)
    Dynojet Power Commander V, Power Commander POD-300 Display, PCV Map Switch, Pedal Commander (WOW)
    Passenger Arm Rests, Windshield Air Wing
    Baja Ron's Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters
    Air Scoops, LaMonster's Hiway Pegs
    Magnetic Mirror Mounts, Air Innovations Seat Cushion
    Red Chrome pin striping on Black hood
    Federal Formoza AZ01 front tires (they're GREAT)
    Kumho Ecsta AST KU25 All-Season Tire - 225/50R15 91H
    LED bars above radiator inlets
    LED brake/running/turn signals on license plate frame
    Tag-Along trailer
    LED headlights LED fog lights (WOW)
    2" x 2" Road Lights inside front fenders
    7' x 10' Cargo trailer
    Garmin 396 LM GPS
    RLS Cat-delete resonator with China Akropovic muffler
    New Banshee AGM
    M3 TPMS on front tires
    Remote Control for Heated Jacket and Heated Riding Pants
    Analog Clock and Analog Volt Meter
    Loose Nut Behind Handlebars
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black