Thread: I screwed up.

Spyder Garage

Default I screwed up.

A few weeks ago I had to jump start my Rt, my first mistake is I left my key on. The next mistake I made my battery pack was dead. Now for the biggie I hooked up the jumper cables backwards.
    So now here comes the problems I had to have the dash replaced because it burnt out the led screen. Now I have it back the low gas light stays on witch the gas gauge say full and I know IT is because I filled it.
    Problem 2 is when I adjust the air suspension the manual screen comes up but I can hear the compressor and also feel the seat raise up.
    Trying to solve these problems.

Spyder Garage

Sounds about the same results sometimes when an aircraft has lightning strike. As Forrest Gump says “you never know what you’ll get”.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good luck, sorry to hear.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't think you have provided enough information for anyone to really help diagnose the problem.

Why not take it back to whoever replaced the dash (whatever that means ...)?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by steviep View Post
    A few weeks ago I had to jump start my Rt, my first mistake is I left my key on. The next mistake I made my battery pack was dead. Now for the biggie I hooked up the jumper cables backwards......
    Hooking up your battery to a dead charging source shouldn't hurt anything.....
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-16-2021 at 02:26 AM. Reason: Fixed quote display
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Hooking up your battery to a dead charging source shouldn't hurt anything.....
    Connecting the jumper cables incorrectly, likely to start it since his battery was dead, he most likely turned on the key with power reversed and the electronics objected and told him so.

There’s so much durability with old non computer controlled vehicles that had breaker points, but then again, you needed to know how to work on carbs, distributers, and more.

Spyder Garage

So when I hooked it up backwards it was to a good battery,actually my battery pack that was also dead has a sensor that disconnects if you hook it up reverse. I do plan on having the dealer fix these problems just right now I'm about 150 miles away so it will wait until I get home.
    I'm just trying to figure out a few things on my own. Such as the air ride like how to test the level control. If I could find a good wiring diagram it would be nice.

Spyder Garage

I had to have the dash replaced on my 2015 RTSE6.
    After replacing the dealer has to go thru a few steps to reset the air ride.