Spyder Garage

Default Shift issue - can't select First without going into Reverse beforehand!??

i just purchased a 2014 Spyder RT and have experienced a shifting issue. Intermittently the paddle will not engage into first gear unless I first put it into reverse. Is this something that I need to have looked at? Thanks , Stu

Spyder Garage

Please consider checking the oil level ( correctly) first. Of course the foot on the brake is a must. My 2014 RTS has NEVER had a problem shifting.

Good Luck stub,

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Yeah, oil level is the first thing I checked. i'll keep an eye on it and see if it continues. Thanks

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stubronco View Post
    Yeah, oil level is the first thing I checked. i'll keep an eye on it and see if it continues. Thanks
    The shifting system for the SE trans is by wire ie. electrical ..... and brake pedal depressed is a must .... it's a safety feature ..... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

On my '14 RT-S I do not have to depress the brake to shift into Reverse but must do so to shift into 1st, from either Reverse or Neutral. If you are pressing the brake pedal every time you attempt to shift into 1st and the problem is intermittent there are two possible culprits, the gearshift selector itself and/or the gearshift position sensor.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S