Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I don't recall if you mentioned your helmet size, but here is the link.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...us-Riding-Gear

Spyder Garage

When it’s hot I wear a good half modular, Harley Pilot. The new ones are very well padded and protective. Example, hit a car that pulled out. Broken hip and femur. Head went through the side widow and came out without a scratch.

Spyder Garage

Love my full face helmets. I do not have issues with claustrophobia. Though our confined space training sessions convinced me that everyone, at some point, has to deal with claustrophobia.

A full face helmet is cooler in hot conditions, (at speed). Warmer in cold conditions. They reduce fatigue. And are, of course, the safest option.

Negatives include, somewhat heavier. Hotter in stop & go conditions. Higher cost (apples to apples).

People say a full face is more restrictive. But other than the perception, a well fitting full face helmet, once gotten used to, is not any more restrictive than a less protective alternative.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

I have 7 helmets From $800 to $100. Throw out the $800. & $100 and I have 3 left that fit good. I feel you have to try a lot of helmets to find the one for you.

Spyder Garage

I have every kind of helmet known to man, from $1200 carbon fiber race helmets for racing to cheap **** half helmets for cruising around town. I prefer the full face helmets but don't always wear them when it is scorching out.
    2020 600 ACE , Black/Red

Spyder Garage

Speaking of helmets, and not Ryker related, imagine if this guy didnt have a helmet on. Expect the unexpected, this just happened yesterday.
    2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Sport Touring Edition

Spyder Garage

Lots of options (and opinions) but I like my collar bones, which is why I don't wear a full face.

Lovin' my LS2 Rebellion. The "goggle shield" flips up when not needed and blocks any wind that comes over the shield. Great venting, and an oval shape so it doesn't spin on my pointy little head.

I also added Saeng Ta "stealth edging" to the stock shield for an extra 2-3 inches of virtual height, as well as hand bubbles, so less wind to block.

Half a million miles, and I ain't dead yet.

See my album at https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...p?albumid=5190

Spyder Garage

I ride full helmet with the Airframe Pro. I installed some speakers into it and on the back I got the brake free brake light attached which is like a 3rd brake light.

It has pretty good ventilation and my head doesn't really feel overheated even in 90f weather. I ride with the face shield up until I'm driving like 60+ mph or its cold/raining out.

You can swap out the face shield easily. I use the gold tinted one faceshield during the day because it really cuts down the amount of sunlight coming in if you're driving into the sun. The helmet also has slide down sunglasses. You can still see at night, but for safety I swap it out with the clear one.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RykerRick View Post
    Speaking of helmets, and not Ryker related, imagine if this guy didnt have a helmet on. Expect the unexpected, this just happened yesterday.
    Gadzooks

Spyder Garage

Safety is optional... Consequences are not... Very interesting video....

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CTisi...um=share_sheet
    Last edited by BajaRon; 09-18-2021 at 09:12 AM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

I full gear when I ride even if its 90f out. I even got the $800 airbag vest. I've seen enough gore videos of motorcylists getting splattered on the road.

Spyder Garage

There are OLD riders...
    And there are BOLD riders.
    But there are no OLD BOLD riders.

Your helmet IS YOUR MOST IMPORTANT GEAR, IMHO.

Spyder Garage

Ok I am new here and don't want PO anybody. But I have lost two friends in the last few years due to head injuries while wearing open face helmets.
    A fullface has saved my life at least once ( head hitting a curb at 50 mph).
    Beanz try one of the adventure touring hemets like Arai XD4. I still wear my XD3 now and again.
    Much more room, you can reach up a scratch your nose and has a face shield for when you need it.