Spyder Garage

Default One hour riding and my butt is killing me.

I don't care what I add to the seat on my Ryker Rally,I am ready to take a brake after a hour riding. I added a Latex Cushion, Natural latex form,it suppose to provide comfort support fitigue relief. To make a long story short it dosen't. I also added another pillow to it. Here's a picture of it,oh and the air cushion seat,three in all.

241918792_4319595834785792_8685850305823834719_n.jpg

Spyder Garage

If the comfort saddle does not get it done, call Seth Laam. Laamseats.com
    He can make you a custom saddle that fits you. I can do 12 hour days, day after day. Being comfortable is a really big deal. Being miserable is no fun. I just had to sell a dream bike, because it did not fit me. Nothing I could do, so, sold it. It was not a saddle problem - weight on my wrists was brutal. Being comfortable is the best!!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz1 View Post
    I don't care what I add to the seat on my Ryker Rally,I am ready to take a brake after a hour riding. I added a Latex Cushion, Natural latex form,it suppose to provide comfort support fitigue relief. To make a long story short it dosen't. I also added another pillow to it. Here's a picture of it,oh and the air cushion seat,three in all.

Do you have the standard or the comfort Seat? I can't rebounder. All those layers...lol.

Spyder Garage

lol ... I had a similar problem. I added an Air Hawk seat cushion and it fits the seat perfectly. I went with the XL and no complaints ever since.railryker.jpg
    2022 900 Rally , black

Spyder Garage

A very common happening. The OEM seat is usually "mush." It will cause many, pain and suffering in less than 100 mile rides.

That said, I have now changed out the OEM seats on six out of seven Spyders. Linda is still happy with the OEM seat on her 2020 F3L. We ride hundred mile rides regularly, and no problems for her.

As you will quickly find out...seats are NOT cheap. Lots of options out there. Many start with a sheepskin/gel pad OR a AirHawk cushion. Both work very well. A special note about AirHawk. You sit IN it and not ON it. To much inflation and it is not good. You have to play with that until you get it right for you.

I have had pretty good luck with BRP "upline" seats. Had Comfort seats on four out of seven. Had Corbin's on two and now have the Cannonball on my 2019 F3. Lots of choice from other companies also.

Good luck on your hunt. Seats are personal.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 09-14-2021 at 11:13 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

After 2 years with my Ryker I finally bought an AirHawk, and it really makes a great improvement! Keeps my bacon comfy on those long rides!

Spyder Garage

I run a beaded pad on my Ryker. It was $17 for two on Amazon, so now I have a spare. It works great. No pressure points and plenty of air flow. I can “roll” around a bit and stay comfortable.

Spyder Garage

+1 on the Airhawk. Every ride I've had since 2008 (MP3, Mana, Trophy SE x2, Versys 1k, Tiger, and the RT) were not comfy after ~1-2 hrs. The Airhawk to the rescue! I inflate so that my butt sits ~1/4 in above the seat surface. With the Airhawk I can ride 8+ hrs and feel no ill effects - day after day. When the twisties begin, I can lean as needed on the RT and my butt contacts the seat for a solid connection to the RT.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

https://youtu.be/fmvpwcjD8-s I Love my Ultimate seat and I don't have passengers. Almost 2" higher and that 6" backrest really helps me without having a backrest. You could get a backrest also.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

I know how you feel.. I have the Comfort Seat on order, Supposed to arrive tomorrow.

Spyder Garage

I have an Airhawk and a 1/2" gel pad, both offer good relief with the Airhawk doing best. I eventually got the Driver Comfort seat and havent needed either of the seat pads since. The ultimate test for the Comfort Seat will be the 1700 mile trip planned for late October. I'll have the Airhawk with me in the luggage just in case.
    2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Sport Touring Edition

Spyder Garage

That was the one reason I didn’t buy one knew the seat was crap and wouldn’t be able to ride it very long. don’t take the wrong way they are a assume bike just wasn’t for me went with the f3 limited still not the best seat but the wife loves hers so that’s all that matters lol. Good luck with the butt issues.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-23-2022 at 05:41 PM. Reason: space .

Spyder Garage

Your issue might be you are sitting on a seat that's too soft for you. I had the same issue and I went with a Corbin. No more issues for me. Pricey but well made.

Spyder Garage

I got the driver comfort seat and it made a big difference. I can do 3 hour rides without my ass hurting.

I also have the back rest.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lokiryker View Post
    I got the driver comfort seat and it made a big difference. I can do 3 hour rides without my ass hurting.

I also have the back rest.
    Same here����

Spyder Garage

My only concern with the back rest is that thing is rock solid and if somebody smashes you from behind it can probably snap your back.

Spyder Garage

I have a 2021 Ryker and tried the Air Hawk and still got a sour butt on the long rides. I finally got a Comfort Seat and for local rides it works great, but on long rides I still need to add the Air Hawk and all is great with my butt. If you haven't tried it go a head and get one, get it from am Amazon and if it doesn't wort sent it back. Good Luck
    2021 900 Ace , Black & Gold

Spyder Garage

The biggest trouble with asking about seats is everyone has a different butt and everyone's got there own idea of comfort!! That being said what works for me may not for you, your the only one that can decide what your butt will like and this is going to be a trial and error thing, It's to bad there's not a place to go and try out different seats and find the one that fits your fancy before you buy!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Al View Post
    I have a 2021 Ryker and tried the Air Hawk and still got a sour butt on the long rides. I finally got a Comfort Seat and for local rides it works great, but on long rides I still need to add the Air Hawk and all is great with my butt. If you haven't tried it go a head and get one, get it from am Amazon and if it doesn't wort sent it back. Good Luck
    I have had a similar experience. I did a 2700 mile 8-day ride recently. With the comfort seat I could do 2-3 hours; with that and the Air Hawk I did 10-hour days no problem. I have put 2 different aftermarket seats on other motorcycles. The solo comfort seat is the most comfortable seat I have had an any motorcycle.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lokiryker View Post
    My only concern with the back rest is that thing is rock solid and if somebody smashes you from behind it can probably snap your back.
    I have the Can-Am solo backrest, and it is not very tall - more of a back-of-the-butt rest. I do find it to be more comfortable than without it.

Spyder Garage

I did a three hour ride today with the comfort seat. $$$$$$$ well spent.

Spyder Garage

Comfort seat for the win!
    2021 , generic

Spyder Garage

So, did the OP ever get a resolution?
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Default Ultimate Seat has my vote

I just retired from 45 year in the Motorcycle business. I have had dozens of motorcycles and a Spyder RS. I have owned Corbin, Sargent, Mustang, stock, OEM "Comfort" seats. We had Spyders at the dealership from the first year of production and I have tried all of the widely available seat options available for them. I got a Ryker Rally as a retirement present from the dealership. (I know lucky me) I am 73 years old but own and ride many sport bikes. (Ducati and Aprilia mostly). I am used to ass killer rides and I can say without a doubt that the Ultimate Seat with rider and passenger backrests for my Ryker has been a greater improvement from stock than any seat I have tried in the past. I had stopped riding double with my wife a few years ago and we decided the the Ryker was our new 2 up ride option. We didn't like the OEM passenger seat due to lack of comfort and handle position. I took a flyer on the Ultimate Seat and I am glad I did. We can now ride all day with no discomfort. I did raise the height and angle of the passenger backrest to provide more comfort for my wife.
    Attached Images Attached Images