Spyder Garage

Default Tach quit - 2020 RT-L

This afternoon my tach quit - just showing a 0, and the needle isn't moving either.
    Anything I should be looking at ? Any suggestions ? Really don't want the 2 hour one way trip to my Dealer if it might be just a fuse. THX.

Spyder Garage

I Bluewater

There are a lot of electronics on a spyder, I would disconnect the negative from the battery for a good 5 minutes to reset the electronic

FlyBoy2121
    2014 RT ltd , original original Cognac

Spyder Garage

I agree with FlyBoy's suggestion. A year or so after purchasing my Spyder new from a dealership I stopped to refuel and after turning on and off the ignition switch when I failed to set the parking brake I filled the tank, started the bike and rode off. I glanced down at the gauges and noticed the digital and analog tachs were off by 500-600 RPM; don't remember which was reading higher than the other. Rode for an hour or so and stopped for some liquid refreshment at which time I turned off the ignition key, removed it and walked into the store for my purchase. After a 15 min or so break I jumped on the bike, fired it up and the tachs were reading identically. Problem has never again happened. Touch wood.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Thanks Flyboy2121 and JayBros for the suggestions. Just tried it now, and the numbers and needle are back !! Damn touchy electronics.
    I'll remember about disconnecting the battery tho - I have to do that with my modem when my internet goes down. THX again.