Spyder Garage

Default Where to find Binding Post for windshield on 2014 RT Spyder

I am not sure how the binding bolt on my adjustable windshield turned up missing. I believe someone helped themselves.

I have checked at the local Sypder Representative Store and they are telling me I cannot just get the binding post by itself. I need to order an entire windshield kit.

This post connects the two arms for the windshield.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Robo spyder View Post
    I am not sure how the binding bolt on my adjustable windshield turned up missing. I believe someone helped themselves.

I have checked at the local Sypder Representative Store and they are telling me I cannot just get the binding post by itself. I need to order an entire windshield kit. This post connects the two arms for the windshield. Thanks in advance for any help.
    That part is a piece of brass that acts as a hinge pin of sorts, with screw threads on the end to hold it in place. I think the brass pin is probably still in there but the end screws vibrated loose and fell out

Hinge pins.jpg

See if this thread has any helpful information https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ne-from-noboot
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Thank you for your response UtahPete. You are correct in the brass piece but there is none of it left in the brackets. This is why I belive someone helped themselves to it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Robo spyder View Post
    Thank you for your response UtahPete. You are correct in the brass piece but there is none of it left in the brackets. This is why I belive someone helped themselves to it.
    Possibly, but I'd think it far more likely that UtahPete's supposition about the end screws vibrating loose & falling out is what happened; and then either because the brass pin hadn't been correctly fitted, or it'd just worn loose due to the vibrating that ALL of these RT windscreens are subjected to, just worked it's way out & fell off over time of it's own accord!!

Not that that really matters HOW it came out, it's gone, & now you just want a replacement.... . I don't know if he can help or not, but if anyone here can, it'll be noboot, an Oz based member here who makes/sells the replacement Billet Arms as shown in the thread UP linked & the thread linked below. Because Noboot may not visit the Forum every day, it might pay to send him a PM &/or an email to explain your predicament & seek his help - just click on his username in this the linked thread below & then select Private Message, or send me a PM & I'll put you in touch with him.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...t-Aluminum-Arm

Aside from that, you might need to see if you can find a metal shop, brass rod supplier, or home tinkerer with a small lathe who can make you a replacement - it shouldn't be too hard to do, but it wil be a little fiddly & so could take a bit of time....

Good Luck!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Maybe someone on the forum could find the part number so you can order just that online.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Sorry either way happened is this part unusually easily accessible & not dipped in lock tight?
    if did vibrate loose is it possible fell in cavity between engine & frunk (not quite the same VOID around handle bars. FYI got lucky 1 time; tech found missing lid lock key, while doing oil change. where it landed or rode for how long, least a month or more. It CAN happen

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Default Hinge pin

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Possibly, but I'd think it far more likely that UtahPete's supposition about the end screws vibrating loose & falling out is what happened; and then either because the brass pin hadn't been correctly fitted, or it'd just worn loose due to the vibrating that ALL of these RT windscreens are subjected to, just worked it's way out & fell off over time of it's own accord!!

Not that that really matters HOW it came out, it's gone, & now you just want a replacement.... . I don't know if he can help or not, but if anyone here can, it'll be noboot, an Oz based member here who makes/sells the replacement Billet Arms as shown in the thread UP linked & the thread linked below. Because Noboot may not visit the Forum every day, it might pay to send him a PM &/or an email to explain your predicament & seek his help - just click on his username in this the linked thread below & then select Private Message, or send me a PM & I'll put you in touch with him.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...t-Aluminum-Arm

Aside from that, you might need to see if you can find a metal shop, brass rod supplier, or home tinkerer with a small lathe who can make you a replacement - it shouldn't be too hard to do, but it wil be a little fiddly & so could take a bit of time....

Good Luck!
    Read your post. Was just out for a short ride on my 2014 Spyder RT SE6 , screw on end of brass hinge sheared off and windshield flopped back onto the dash area. Pin was still in the bracket on the windshield itself so I was able to save that. Now if I can free up what’s left of the screw, I’ll replace both screws!

Spyder Garage

2014 Spyder parts breakdown at Powersportswarehouse shows a Pivot Arms Repair Kit, part number 219800355 for $42.45 that might include what the OP is asking for.
    https://www.powersportswarehouse.com...ies-windshield
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020