Spyder Garage

Default AIR BAG REPLACEMENT ON 2021 RT SEA to SKY

Sept 9, 2021

Suspension Fault light and exclamation point showing up on my Spyder. I had it to my dealer a week or so ago and they said the airbag has a leak. The part is in and I have to leave it for at least a week. Also, my stereo cuts in and out and they have to find that problem also. My only concern is the fact " Will everything go back together as good as the factory ? It looks like a lot of tupperware has to come off and lots of other parts. I always get nervous when so much of the bike has to come apart. Not much I can do. At least it is under warranty.

Motogordo Spyderman

Spyder Garage

All the plastics come off fairly easy. I would not worry about that at all. Hopefully it comes back better then factory because factory does not seem to be working out so good with the issues you have this early on with it!
    2021 RT Limited , Deep Marsala Red Metallic (Dark)

Spyder Garage

Sept 9, 2021

Thank you for the comment. I agree with you. I just hope that everything goes back so there are no leftover nuts and bolts. LOL.
    It's just sad that a $30,000 new machine has all these breakdowns right in the beginning of ownership. I had two other older Canam Spyders and not a single problem.

Spyder Garage

Yeah, as Shreck says, the outer and inner panels come off easily. I recently did it to replace the rear shock. There are only a few screws with most being push pins. I doubt you will see anything amiss when you get it back, Moto.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

You need to sit back and take a deep breath!! It's just nuts and bolts, and if you don't want to work on it, you need some one to do it for you! I have had most of my skirt off my old girl, it's not a big deal. Don't worry until they give you A REASON TO!! Good Luck, it will be OK!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Sept 13, 2021
    I want to thank everyone for their input. I will have faith in my dealer until I have a reason not to.

Motogordo Spyderman

Spyder Garage

Sept 14, 2021

I just got back from East Coast Cycle Center and brought in my Sea to Sky to have the airbag replaced and to repair the in and out stereo. I am sure they will do a great job. I also went back into the service department and saw they had 3 Spyder lifts so that the Spyder can be supported and raised to working level. I was glad to see that.

Motogordo Spyderman