SO to continue the saga of the ruined shift arms, I have been reviewing my experience over the last 2 years with this shift arm business. I replaced the 1st one at 55,000 miles (approx) on the way home from 2019 Deadwood 3 Wheeler Rally. It stopped shifting in Rawlins , I nursed it to Green River where my wife met me with a trailer and I hauled it home. New shift arm all is well until a Patriot Guard mission in Vernal and on the way home the Stator goes out. Again I Nurse it home and finally take it to a dealer to replace the Stator. They miss indexed the shift arm when putting the Spyder back together and that caused it to self destruct, which they covered. Now we come to the current situation. I laid a new cement pad behind the old milking shed which is in an overgrown field. I am using that as my workspace now instead of the driveway. I cannot see the ground because of the overgrowth, on my way out I ran over hidden log. I thought nothing more of it until I was taking body parts off for the oil change and found the lower black skirt broken. I now realize that the broken skirt was telling me that the log also hit the shift arm and smacked it hard enough damage the splines and cause me trouble a little later down the line. If you are still with me I am pretty sure that this is the reason for the demise of the 3rd shift lever, personal stupidity.Thanks for bearing with me thru this tale of woe. I assisted in another Patriot Guard mission today and then road an additional 100 mi. and the Spyder shifted flawlessly the whole time. Time will tell if my analysis is right.