Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default How to Fix Hyperflashing Directional Signal?

Two years ago, I had additional directional lights installed (by TricLED) on the back of my 2016 F3-T. Thankfully, the original OEM turn signals remain functional both on the dashboard and in the back, so I'm still "legal".

Recently, the right-side light installed by TricLED doesn't work, and the original OEM turn signal is flashing at a high rate. Left side functions normally.

I remember reading about solutions to "hyper-flashing" quite awhile back. Is that what's happening here? If so, or even if not, can anyone explain how to fix this?

Thanks!
    Bert
    Bert

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by newbert View Post
    Two years ago, I had additional directional lights installed (by TricLED) on the back of my 2016 F3-T. Thankfully, the original OEM turn signals remain functional both on the dashboard and in the back, so I'm still "legal".

Recently, the right-side light installed by TricLED doesn't work, and the original OEM turn signal is flashing at a high rate. Left side functions normally.

I remember reading about solutions to "hyper-flashing" quite awhile back. Is that what's happening here? If so, or even if not, can anyone explain how to fix this?

Thanks!
    Bert
    1 Start the bike

2 Hold down the hazard light switch for 30-45 seconds

3 Turn the hazards off and put the right turn signal on and turn the bike off immediately the right signal flashes once.

4 Repeat for the left side

(copied from somewhere, can't remember where. It worked for my 2016 F3L.)

Good luck.
    Andrew
    Melbourne Australia
    2016 F3L Spyder

Now, wash your hands

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I would like to add item 2a.

2a. While holding the hazard light switch down, watch all the warning lights in the gauges carefully. They will flash VERY quickly at some point. After they flash, you can release the hazard switch. (Ours took about 20 seconds.)

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by newbert View Post

Thanks!
    Bert
    Bert. Please always give the year of your bike. They change most everything each year and consistency on solutions is patchy. Contact TricLED for a replacement of the side light. Sometimes they die.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W. View Post
    I would like to add item 2a.

2a. While holding the hazard light switch down, watch all the warning lights in the gauges carefully. They will flash VERY quickly at some point. After they flash, you can release the hazard switch. (Ours took about 20 seconds.)
    Does this solution work for all years?? Reports of this NOT working on post 2017 models abound. I have asked this question many times but cannot get verification from a reliable source.

to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey