Spyder Garage

Default Service deptartment update

Sept 8, 2021

I just returned from East Coast Cycle Center in Bensalem, Pa. I spoke to the service department and asked them how many hydraulic lifts they have for the Spyders. They said 3.
    I asked about the way they change the oil and filters. They said they drain the oil out of the bottom for the RT's and through the dipstick on the Rykers because they have a skid plate underneath.
    Therefore I want to change my opinion about a service department problem with oil changes. All the RT's are done on the lifts and drained underneath. My apologizes for saying they don't drain the RT's. They do.
    Also they got in my replacement air bags with all the goodies that go with it. They are also going to check out the stereo which cuts in and out all the same time. They want the bike left for about a week or so to do all this. When they find the stereo problem, I will have to bring it back again if it needs parts. I did mention to them that the supply chain for BRP and many others are way behind.
    It's not hard to sell Spyders, but it is more important to be able to service them quickly and efficiently. It's the service department and parts department that make the dealership good or not. To me Service after the sale is what makes me go back to a dealer and also recommend them to friends.

Motogordo

Spyder Garage

Good news! Glad it's coming together.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

For most high-dollar things, service and parts is where the profit is. So few dealers understand that, though.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motogordo View Post
    Sept 8, 2021

I just returned from East Coast Cycle Center in Bensalem, Pa. I spoke to the service department and asked them how many hydraulic lifts they have for the Spyders. They said 3.
    I asked about the way they change the oil and filters. They said they drain the oil out of the bottom for the RT's and through the dipstick on the Rykers because they have a skid plate underneath.
    Therefore I want to change my opinion about a service department problem with oil changes. All the RT's are done on the lifts and drained underneath. My apologizes for saying they don't drain the RT's. They do.
    Also they got in my replacement air bags with all the goodies that go with it. They are also going to check out the stereo which cuts in and out all the same time. They want the bike left for about a week or so to do all this. When they find the stereo problem, I will have to bring it back again if it needs parts. I did mention to them that the supply chain for BRP and many others are way behind.
    It's not hard to sell Spyders, but it is more important to be able to service them quickly and efficiently. It's the service department and parts department that make the dealership good or not. To me Service after the sale is what makes me go back to a dealer and also recommend them to friends.

Motogordo
    I would avoid that dealer. The Ryker skid plate has a hole to drain the oil and I widened my hole to make it easier. Because I'm used to extracting oil from Jet Skies I Tried it when my Ryker had only 1000 miles and ONLY 1.5 quarts of 3.5 quarts got extracted So if they are doing this the Rykers they are very Wrong!! The 900 in the Jet Skies holds 3.5 quarts and you can only extract 2 quarts per the manual So most jet Skies only change about 50% (+or-) of the oil through extraction. This dealer should never use the extraction method on Rykers!~

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Anyone out there know of a good service center BRP or private in Florida on east coast around West Palm area. Broward Motorsports is out. I need an alternative. Please help, been with out Spyder F3 for almost a month with no eta in site.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    I would avoid that dealer. The Ryker skid plate has a hole to drain the oil and I widened my hole to make it easier. Because I'm used to extracting oil from Jet Skies I Tried it when my Ryker had only 1000 miles and ONLY 1.5 quarts of 3.5 quarts got extracted So if they are doing this the Rykers they are very Wrong!! The 900 in the Jet Skies holds 3.5 quarts and you can only extract 2 quarts per the manual So most jet Skies only change about 50% (+or-) of the oil through extraction. This dealer should never use the extraction method on Rykers!~
    I think he has a RT!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hank573 View Post
    Anyone out there know of a good service center BRP or private in Florida on east coast around West Palm area. Broward Motorsports is out. I need an alternative. Please help, been with out Spyder F3 for almost a month with no eta in site.
    If you want to take a drive of about 100 miles north to Melbourne, I can give you the name of two good private shops.

Spyder Garage

Sept 10, 2021

I was watching a video last night on Ryker oil changes and no one had to remove any skid plates. If a skid plate is added, then I would presume there a openings for the two drain plugs. I decided to go into the dealers service department when I go there next week to see their setup. I hope they don't say NO. They are going to replace my leaky air bag and find the problem with the stereo as to why it cuts in and out. I wish ME good luck. LOL.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hank573 View Post
    Sorry to tell you, I live 10 minutes from Broward Motorsports WPB and would drive 155 miles to Central Florida Powersports for warranty work.