Spyder Garage

Default Pedal Commander installed - OMG I love this thing!

OMG!! I got the Pedal Commander in the mail today. It took all of 5 minutes to install. I must say I actually love this thing now.
    I first set it on Sport plus and let me tell you, it takes off like a rocket. After riding a few miles and stopping and reseting a couple times I settled with Sport mode. I know I will probably see a difference in fuel mileage but wow it's worth it.

Spyder Garage

Even going to the ECO mode, you will save on MPG and it doesn't really slow it down on take off.... that much. But boy, on City +4 or Sport, really wakes the bike up, doesn't it. You can still take off nice and easy if preferred or crank on it and just leave the line so much faster.

Spyder Garage

I love mine as well. Was running sport 4 but it threw me around so much hitting it coming out of a corner. I backed it down to sport 1. In a group ride I sometimes do city mode.
    2021 RT Limited , Deep Marsala Red Metallic (Dark)

Spyder Garage

Maybe this is a dumb question, but can or should you use this if you have upgraded your ECU. I have the Monster performance ECU upgrade. I assume it has no effect on the ECU and would only make the machine that much more responsive.

Spyder Garage

There are a few people who've done both Deputy, and most of them have loved it.... those I know who didn't just thought it added very little to the benefits they'd already achieved with the ECU Upgrade.

You're certainly not going to be getting any more 'power' from your engine by adding a Pedal Commander or any similar throttle intercept/enhancement device, but they do reduce the throttle input required to get to WOT, so everything you do with the throttle is going to mean that whatever power you've called for/have on tap w henill come on quicker, possibly even in a smoother way too.

So I'd say it's all up to you - if you think you're still twisting your wrist too much for what you've got with your ECU Upgrade, then go for it. Otherwise, save your money, you've already got the power increase & probably a bit higher red line too - do you need to access all that any quicker/more aggressively?? Your call, but please do tell us which way you go & if you're happy with it?!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-08-2021 at 05:08 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

FWIW I have the PV3 and the Pedal Commander and find keeping up with my insane 2-wheeled pals much easier than with only one active. On long boring slab trips I re-flash the OEM tune to save gas but the PC is always on. When we get to the 'fun' places I put the tune back in.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Dog View Post
    Maybe this is a dumb question, but can or should you use this if you have upgraded your ECU. I have the Monster performance ECU upgrade. I assume it has no effect on the ECU and would only make the machine that much more responsive.
    If you have the Monster ECU flash, you already have the instant throttle response. No you can't adjust it. With the ECU flash you get the instant throttle response that Pedal commander delivers PLUS, Instant starting without pressing any screen button, and 20% more hp across the board from idle to redline. Much better value IMO. Close to the same costs. I just took delivery of a 2021 RTL and I REALL REALLY miss the instant throttle response feature I had in my flashed F3L. Not to mention I'm missing huge amounts of power.
    Dennis

Spyder Garage

I had a stage 2 flash on my ‘16F3-L, which cured the stock bogging down of a quick throttle twist and really smoothed out acceleration……that was my primary aim. On my new ‘21 RT, there is less lag, but it is still there. You can press the Mode button at any time after turning the key, so you don’t really have any wait before starting. I installed the Pedal Commander, which addressed the slight bogging down issue, and didn’t feel the need to get the ECM upgrade…….it’s cheaper and you don’t run the risk of the postal service losing your ECM (not that I have ever heard of that happening, but it is a worry)

As with all things, it’s a personal preference

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

The DynaJet PV3 does not require sending ECU away. It is a handheld flasher that stores up to 4 ECU 'tunes'. You can switch between tunes in 5 minutes whenever you need. It can stay connected or be removed after flash. Big advantage - especially if you have to go back to dealer, you can load the stock tune back in.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RayBJ View Post
    The DynaJet PV3 does not require sending ECU away. It is a handheld flasher that stores up to 4 ECU 'tunes'. You can switch between tunes in 5 minutes whenever you need. It can stay connected or be removed after flash. Big advantage - especially if you have to go back to dealer, you can load the stock tune back in.
    Are the tunes in the device or do you have to purchase each tune?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis in Lodi View Post
    Are the tunes in the device or do you have to purchase each tune?
    Get a hold of Fuel Moto. They are located in Little Chute. When you buy a PV3 from them, you get life time tune subscription. When you plug in a new PV3, your stock tune will be loaded into the PV3. It will then provide a DynoJet tune, from the DJ library, that you can load into your ECU. While riding with the PV3 plugged in, you can then data log all your vehicle info from the ECU. AFR's, timing, etc. Email the files to Fuel Moto. Fuel Moto then can build a tune based off of your machine, send back to you for downloading

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Get a hold of Fuel Moto. They are located in Little Chute. When you buy a PV3 from them, you get life time tune subscription. When you plug in a new PV3, your stock tune will be loaded into the PV3. It will then provide a DynoJet tune, from the DJ library, that you can load into your ECU. While riding with the PV3 plugged in, you can then data log all your vehicle info from the ECU. AFR's, timing, etc. Email the files to Fuel Moto. Fuel Moto then can build a tune based off of your machine, send back to you for downloading
    So, you have this installed on your Spyder right now? How about meeting for a test ride?
    Dennis

Spyder Garage

I just added one and what a change. Get ready for the "Exibition of acceleration" awards cause someone's going to get the first one soon.
    LEO's former and active know about those. TROOP can pipe in here.

T.P.