Thread: Kanine tires

Spyder Garage

Default Kanine tires

Sept 7, 2021

I don't need tires yet, but who sells the Kanine Tires ? My dealer only carries the OEM Kenda tires. Are they a newer and better version of the old Kendas ?

Motogordo

Spyder Garage

At the moment they are hard to find. Covid issues from what I can figure. Probably an entire shipment sitting in a cargo container on a ship. I was able to snag two of them, left over stock the other day (2020 DATE Code). My new 2021 RT Limited was having issues from day one with vibrations. I rebalanced the front tires and it only changed the speed of the vibration. At 571 miles I gave in and said lets replace the tires. I installed the Kanine's on the front. Fixed my entire problem. Bike is now smooth as all get out and a joy to ride. I have over 300 miles on them already.

Before I removed the Factory OEM Kenda's I jacked it up and spun the tires after a 160 mile drive. Both front tires clearly had flat spots or out of round. I have a claim in with BRP to see if they will reimburse me for the new tires.

Looking at the information on the internet from Kenda. They are saying they are a little harder compound and should last longer then the OEM versions.

I purchased mine from Coleman Powersports in Falls Church VA. Ordered and on my door step the next day.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motogordo View Post
    Sept 7, 2021

I don't need tires yet, but who sells the Kanine Tires ? My dealer only carries the OEM Kenda tires. Are they a newer and better version of the old Kendas ?

Motogordo
    They are NEWER, however they are only ... marginally better from what others here have said .... Mike

Spyder Garage

I am not sure where people are finding these. My supplier has been out since May. They are supposed to be coming in sometime this month.

The strange thing is that I've got several customers running them and they report very even wear across the tread. But there is a post right now where the owner is saying that wear is not good (middle wearing out early). Not sure what to think about this.

I purchased 2 sets for my Spyder, but customers bought them from me before I could install them. Then my supplier ran out. So I am way behind the power curve on this one.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...