Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Windshields - What height would you recommend?

I searched but couldn't find what I was looking for regarding windshields for F3L. I'm looking at getting a Freedom from LaMonster. I'm 6'1 and ride 2up alot. What height would you recommend? I know they explain how to measure. Just wondered if anyone of similar height already had one and what they thought.

Spyder Garage

You can get any height and width you want from 7Jurock.com and have $$ left over. Their windshield utilize the stock brackets too. They measure vertically top to bottom on the w/s centerline. A good way to determine the height that works for you is to clip or tape a piece of cardboard to the top of your w/s and raise or lower it while on a ride. Do not do this in the garage, it won't give you the right height. Gotta do it on a ride. Here's photos of two different 7Jurock w/s on my F3L.

DSCN2869.jpg

DSCN2702.jpg
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by peatmoss View Post
    I searched but couldn't find what I was looking for regarding windshields for F3L. I'm looking at getting a Freedom from LaMonster. I'm 6'1 and ride 2up alot. What height would you recommend? I know they explain how to measure. Just wondered if anyone of similar height already had one and what they thought.
    I'm a similar height, in my upper body at least.

The 19" worked reasonably well for me, although there was still a little bit of buffeting on my wife's L.

When my wife went to a 17" so she could see over it rather than have to look through it I found her SPYDER unpleasant to ride at speed (60+) for any length of time because of the increased buffeting.

I'm now riding her old 2015 S with a full Madstad, which might be slightly better than the 19" on the L. Slightly.
    Aprilia Mana 850GT, 1988 BMW K75S, Piaggio MP3 400 (sold), Moto Guzzi Nevada 750 (modified), Puch (Sears Allstate SR175), 2010 Honda Insight Hybrid

Spyder Garage

Although I can see well over the top w/s in my post #2, It is surprisingly calm behind it. It must be one of those YMMV things.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I appreciate the replies. I may go ahead and do the cardboard thing while riding. I did a long ride yesterday and the wind noise in my helmet was awful. The same helmet isn't near as loud when I was on my HD with the batwing and short screen on it.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I appreciate the replies. I may go ahead and do the cardboard thing while riding. I did a long ride yesterday and the wind noise in my helmet was awful. The same helmet isn't near as loud when I was on my HD with the batwing and short screen on it.