Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

The problem is related to the shape of the tank and how the guage is made.
    Think of the tank like a gallon jug that has a smaller diameter at the top and a much larger diameter from the upper 2/3 to the bottom. The gas gage inside the tank is a float on a straight stick without any compensation in measurement for the diameter of the tank. This results in inaccurate measurements until you reach approximate 1/2 tank (when the diameter equals out to its full size and is the same to the bottom. When I fill my tank autonomy displays only 120 miles. As I ride my guage will eventually start to drop slowly and then suddenly display 1/2 tank. At this point, it is displaying an accurate level and is fairly accurate. I know that I get approx 185 miles per tank and the low fuel light comes on at 35 miles. I monitor the trip reading for miles driven add the autonomy numbers for miles left. The autonomy reading is close to actual once the tank is half full.
    Current: 2022 CAN AM F3S SS. Manta Green, Route 129 windscreen.

Previous:CAN AM Ryker Rally. Intense black, side case , comfort drivers seat, comfort passenger seat with back r test, wind screen, LED auxiliary lighting.
    2022 F3S, special series , Manta Green

Spyder Garage

I use my riding crop to measure the fuel left in the tank while going down the road, then I continue whipping my bike for more speed down the stretch.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Poasttown View Post
    Can someone explain the issue with just using the fuel gauge on the bike? When I fill up the gauge indicates approximately 277 miles and I have ridden it down to 60 to 70 miles before fill-up. Now I’m not sure if this is actual miles or an estimate based on how hard the engine is running. Would the bike run out of fuel with miles still indicated on the gauge?

Poasttown
    2019 F3L
    What you are seeing is an estimate based on how hard you were riding for the past xxx miles. At around 35 miles to go the mileage figure will change to ----- which is dash speak for "Hey dummy, get some gas before you leave us stranded beside the road."

Have never run out in 30,000 + miles, but I have seen the ----- several times and always paid attention.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Put 97 miles on my bike today,the gauge are working I still have two bars on it.First stop tororrow is the gas station.

Spyder Garage

My gauge doesn’t;t move from full until i have traveled about 85 miles. Then the bars begin to count down. I find the distance to empty (Autonomy mode) to be the most helpful
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Poasttown View Post
    Can someone explain the issue with just using the fuel gauge on the bike? When I fill up the gauge indicates approximately 277 miles and I have ridden it down to 60 to 70 miles before fill-up. Now I’m not sure if this is actual miles or an estimate based on how hard the engine is running. Would the bike run out of fuel with miles still indicated on the gauge?

Poasttown
    2019 F3L
    It's a Ryker thing - don't know about an F3L. No Ryker will go 277 miles on one tank.

Spyder Garage

I fuel my Ryker on the way home about a mile from my house. If my ride was 90 miles I would add 3 gallons and be ready for the next ride and after adding fuel my autonomy would read about 125?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!