Spyder Garage

Default Mini Cooper CID system is very confusing to use?

Maybe its just me, but the CID system in my 2021 Mini Cooper S seems very confusing. I find I can't seem to navigate to what I want on the screen easily. Yesterday I was using Maps from my Iphone, through Apple Play feature, to navigate to where I wanted to go, and for some reason I was getting audio instructions from Maps AND from Waze which I did not activate (to the best of my knowledge). My wife the other day traveled from a city about 100 miles from our home, and when she got home the map on the screen was still showing her in that other city, and she could not seem to figure out how to correct that issue. I compare this CID system with the UConnect in my Dodge Durango and the Mini comes up very short on user friendliness. I'm hoping someone here can provide me with a link or reference to some material or video that would serve as a tutorial for me and make this system more readily understandable.
    ​​​​​​​
    2021 Spyder RT
    Retired U.S. Army
    Life Member, NRA
    2021 RT , Petrol (blue)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vito1943 View Post
    Maybe its just me, but the CID system in my 2021 Mini Cooper S seems very confusing. I find I can't seem to navigate to what I want on the screen easily. Yesterday I was using Maps from my Iphone, through Apple Play feature, to navigate to where I wanted to go, and for some reason I was getting audio instructions from Maps AND from Waze which I did not activate (to the best of my knowledge). My wife the other day traveled from a city about 100 miles from our home, and when she got home the map on the screen was still showing her in that other city, and she could not seem to figure out how to correct that issue. I compare this CID system with the UConnect in my Dodge Durango and the Mini comes up very short on user friendliness. I'm hoping someone here can provide me with a link or reference to some material or video that would serve as a tutorial for me and make this system more readily understandable.
    ​​​​​​​
    I hope someone can help you with this ..... but maybe you would have better luck on a " mini - cooper " forum ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

That's what I meant to do. Put it on the wrong forum. My bad.
    2021 Spyder RT
    Retired U.S. Army
    Life Member, NRA
    2021 RT , Petrol (blue)