Spyder Garage

Default 2021 accessory connector name & wiring schematic

My wife has just today traded in her beloved 2015 Spyder RT Limited and taken delivery of a new 2021 Sea-to-Sky here in Wales, and I've already started working on the accessories she wants me to put on it.

I've accessed what Lamonster calls the "Customer Accessory Power" connector near the driver's right foot - but I've never seen one like that before and so I don't know what to call it when trying to buy some! I've attached a photo. Does anyone know what they are called?

Also, can anyone point me at a source for the wiring schematic online, please?

IMG_0535.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

i will tell you its wired bassackwards for some good reason im sure

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
    i will tell you its wired bassackwards for some good reason im sure
    Only the early ones, apparently.

Mine was wired correctly. But, I cut it off and installed dual female bullet connectors in place. One I power the GPS with, the other activates a relay that powers-up six individually fused circuits fed by a 30 amp fused direct feed to the battery. So far, I only have one circuit connected to feed my heated gear. There will be more (trailer wiring is coming), so I located it under the left "Access Cover", which is easy to remove. I also added a ground block under the left Access Cover connected to the battery (-) terminal. I bought all of my components from "the Electrical Connection" I had a similar setup on my '06 GL1800 and loved it. Another feature is that you can run the battery maintainer off of the NC contact on the control relay. This prevents blowing up battery maintainers when you start the bike forgetting to unplug first. It happens.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
    My wife has just today traded in her beloved 2015 Spyder RT Limited and taken delivery of a new 2021 Sea-to-Sky here in Wales, and I've already started working on the accessories she wants me to put on it.

I've accessed what Lamonster calls the "Customer Accessory Power" connector near the driver's right foot - but I've never seen one like that before and so I don't know what to call it when trying to buy some! I've attached a photo. Does anyone know what they are called?

Also, can anyone point me at a source for the wiring schematic online, please?

IMG_0535.jpg
    This is what you need to easily break into that. We have a video link on that page also which helps.
    https://store.valueaccessories.net/O...derrt2020.aspx
    Rick
    Spyder Lovers Vendor
    Value-Accessories

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

there is power at the rear already for trailer wiring

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
    there is power at the rear already for trailer wiring
    Yes, but my backup camera needs power near the monitor. Ever try to back a Uni-go? You can't see it in the mirrors until it is too far to the side. Backup cameras work great for it. I just leave it powered from key-on power instead of finding a reverse sense. That way I can see things close behind, too. Worked well on the GL1000.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone for the very useful responses. Does anyone know the actual name of the connectors? I tried "Miniature Superseal Connectors" (because they seem like a smaller version of the "Superseal Connectors" used all over our 2015 RT) with no joy.

Spyder Garage

I have finally identified the mysterious connector — it is a JAE Electronics MX19 Series Automotive Connector.

I belatedly spotted some identification markings on the side, and that led me to them.

IMG_1016.jpg

This is an example of a supplier here in the UK, though just look at that anticipated despatch date!
    https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/autom...ctors/6633619/

Spyder Garage
    Last edited by Big Mac; 12-25-2021 at 09:06 AM.