Spyder Garage

Default Having trouble Playing music from the cell phone - what am I missing?

I’m having trouble playing music from my cell phone on my 2018 Can Am Spyder. I plug the cell phone, a Samsung A50 into the 3.5 mm jack in the frunk and start playing a song. In the music setting on the bike, I select AUX and it displays an image of the AUX jack. Even though I turn the volume setting to high, the only music I hear if from the phone in the frunk. Am I missing a step somewhere?
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Just curious is the volume on the phone turned up? Mine has been known to mute once in awhile when I plug it in.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RapidSpyder View Post
    Just curious is the volume on the phone turned up? Mine has been known to mute once in awhile when I plug it in.
    It was loud enough for me hear it in the frunk but I don't know if it was full volume. I'll have to look at that tomorrow. Thanks for the tip.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

If you are hearing the phone in the frunk with an audio cord plugged into the 3.5mm audio jack of the phone then something is wrong with the cord or your phones 3.5mm jack has a problem. Your phone should recognize the cord being plugged in and not play from the external speakers anymore.

Do ear buds work in the 3.5mm jack on your phone? I would start making sure the phone jack is working first. Have a friend try their phone plugged into the Spyder to see if they experience the same thing to rule out the connector cable from the Spyder.
    2021 Spyder RT-L Deep Marsalsa Metalic

Spyder Garage

On my 2020 F3L you can set to play to speakers or helmet. If I do not have the Sena turned on it plays on my phone, so you could check that setting, if you have it on the 2018.
    David Petrick
    Certified Professional Photographer
    2020 Limited Dark , Magma Red Black

Spyder Garage

I would recommend downloading the BRP connect app and use it to play your tunes via bluetooth. Using the jack all you can control is volume. Using bluetooth you have next or previous options. Just be sure the phone volume is maxed or you won't have much thru speakers.