Spyder Garage

Default Do OEM & A/mkt windshields for F3 use the same mounts?

Just purchased a 21 base F3 (first Spyder and a noob to riding) and want a windshield. Can Am seems to have 2 available, the Route 129 and the Blue Ridge. BTW, I am 6'2" with a 34" inseam if that helps. I would eventually like to get an aftermarket windshield like the 7JuRocks. My question is this, do both of those Can Am windshields utilize the same mounting hardware or are they different? If they are different, how so, and would either work with the 7Jurocks windshield?
    Also, does Can Am sell just the hardware or am I stuck buying a complete windshield and ditching the plexy?

Spyder Garage

Get a custom built 7Jurock. You can order any height. I have 19" tall with 9" additional width. They will be drilled for your bike to work with the stock hardware.
    Quality is better and Cost is less than BRP-OEM.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

7Jurock has been my go-to windshield supplier for decades. Great service, quality and prices. They made a custom to my specs and charged as though it was a stock item.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Does the base F3 come with stock hardware to mount? The 7Jurock only comes with the windshield only.

Spyder Garage

Hello, I bought a 2020 F3 Basic and had to buy the BRP windshield, a route 129 just to get mounting hardware! I am only 5’8” and found no protection at highway speeds. I found a shield from 7Jurock that mounted to existing hardware and works great at highway speeds. Not sure if you can find a cheaper way, Route 129 windshield was expensive for just mounting hardware!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Don60 View Post
    Hello, I bought a 2020 F3 Basic and had to buy the BRP windshield, a route 129 just to get mounting hardware! I am only 5’8” and found no protection at highway speeds. I found a shield from 7Jurock that mounted to existing hardware and works great at highway speeds. Not sure if you can find a cheaper way, Route 129 windshield was expensive for just mounting hardware!
    That's what I kind of figured thanks. I can buy the Route 129 just for the hardware, ditch the plexy and buy the 7Jrock end up approx $550 or so and the F3customs is about the exact same price with the mounting hardware included. Esthetic wise, I think the Can Am/7Jrock looks better.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    That's what I kind of figured thanks. I can buy the Route 129 just for the hardware, ditch the plexy and buy the 7Jrock end up approx $550 or so and the F3customs is about the exact same price with the mounting hardware included. Esthetic wise, I think the Can Am/7Jrock looks better.
    I'd be buying a 7Jurock and making my own hardware. But that's me.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.

Spyder Garage

I don't know where you are in CA but 7Jurock is in Santa Fe Springs. I have a 2018 F3T. I rode over to them and they set me up with a great w/s. They don't have hardware but they can't be beat for customer service and their product is very good quality.

Life is not good or bad, it's just Life. Deal with it!

2018 F-3T, 2016 2500 Ram 4x4, 2020 VW Cross Sport, 2012 Travel trailer

Spyder Garage

Because 7Jurock doesn't have to go to the great expense of producing mounting hardware, they can sell at a lower price point. Their not having hardware keeps a lot of $$$ in my wallet.
    Like I said...I'd make my own, if needed.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelman View Post
    I don't know where you are in CA but 7Jurock is in Santa Fe Springs. I have a 2018 F3T. I rode over to them and they set me up with a great w/s. They don't have hardware but they can't be beat for customer service and their product is very good quality.
    They are about 2 hours South of me.

Spyder Garage

I'm in the same situation - looking at windshields for my '21 Standard F3. I like what I've seen on Gustafsson's website but their mounting hardware won't fit anything but their windscreens. I'm not a windshield fan but the cooler days are here in the Northeast so time for body protection, fairly soon. It is ridiculous that BRP doesn't sell the separate mounting hardware...yeah, always putting themselves in their customers' shoes seems to be about par for the course.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    I'd be buying a 7Jurock and making my own hardware. But that's me.
    Can you expand on this please since I've nothing on hand to examine and use as a starting point? Hopefully, a milling machine isn't required.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BadMonk View Post
    Can you expand on this please since I've nothing on hand to examine and use as a starting point? Hopefully, a milling machine isn't required.
    Fortunately for me, 7Jurock makes windshields that utilize the stock F3L brackets. Had they not, I'd have found a way to make them. I love DIY projects.

Spyder Garage

I am in Canada, and shipping fees from the US are expensive. I have ordered the Blue Ridge from my dealer, so no shipping fees. I hope I like it. BRP does not sell hardware for some of their accessories, as they want you to buy their product.
    2019 F3 base
    Shad saddlebags with Admore led light kit
    BajaRon swaybar
    Hopnel mini bra
    BRP driver's backrest
    Madstad windshield
    Ultimate floorboards
    CanAm Spyder accessories rear shelf with LinQ adapter

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BadMonk View Post
    I'm in the same situation - looking at windshields for my '21 Standard F3. I like what I've seen on Gustafsson's website but their mounting hardware won't fit anything but their windscreens. I'm not a windshield fan but the cooler days are here in the Northeast so time for body protection, fairly soon. It is ridiculous that BRP doesn't sell the separate mounting hardware...yeah, always putting themselves in their customers' shoes seems to be about par for the course.
    I like the mounting hardware of the factory Can Am style over the proprietary Gustaffssons or the F3 customs so I just ordered the Route 129 and will order separately the 7Jurocks. Its the same price as the F3 customs and esthetically will look more factory.

Spyder Garage

Anyone bought for F3T? I am curious as to what height and how well it works on a F3T.
    Thanks

Spyder Garage

Anyone bought one for the F3T? I am curious as to what height and how well it works on a F3T.
    Thanks