Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Checking In

Spyder Garage

I don't know how I missed this. I must have signed on to the board just after you left but have read many of your old post over the years.So welcome back Scotty. Hope you are triumphing over your health issues and that you have the same blessings that your wife had. Stay positive and interested in the world and moving forward.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Doing well, slowly healing. All through with radiation and chemo for about a month now. We won't know if it worked until the PET scan in January, but the tumor in my throat is gone. Still a lump on the lymph node but that might be scar tissue. I hope so, surgery would be tricky and dangerous, with the lymph node sitting on the carotid artery. I'm eating again, though nothing tastes good yet. Only taking about 20% through the feeding tube for supplemental nourishment. Still losing weight.

Trying to get things set for winter. Snow forecast for the weekend. I have the new snow pusher blade on the tractor and the mower deck off. Have to dig out the snowblower today. I'll ride the bikes into town to top off with gas, drain some of them, and top off and stabilize the old cars. That will get us through the winter. One last Spyder ride in order if I can manage my time. I haven't ridden much this year, after the cancer diagnosis in May.

Thanks for all the well wishes. Nice to hear from old friends.
    Welcome back Scotty... Missed that avatar!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

So glad to hear from you, and for taking the time to explain some of what you and Nancy have been up to. SO happy to know that you finished your dream Cabin, and for sharing all the wonderful videos of your progress. As well as sharing the life changing situations you have faced. My goodness, I never knew much about cancer until my brother came down with stageIV melanoma cancer and the doctors only gave him months to live, he also went through 2 years of chemo and radiation to no avail and low and behold he received an experimental drug that reversed everything and he is cancer free for 7 years now. Really do hope you come through a healthier person.

I remember back 12 years ago the thoughtful advice you gave me numerous times not just about the Spyder and it's mechanics but also a lesson on how to be in communication with others on this SpyderLovers forum. I had come from another car forum where sarcastically rude was thought to be a clever funny thing. And you put me in my place not by speaking down to me, (but sort of like a father would) but by saying how much nicer I could be to others here. and for that I thank you Scotty!. I always liked calling you Nancy's Toy You have always had something nice to say to everyone here at Spyderlovers It was so wonderful meeting you at Spyderfest in Cuba Mo. in 2011 and also again in 2012 Then finally meeting Nancy and seeing you both at the Owners event in Durango CO. Boy those were fun times. I believe I remember you saying you would have a big SpyderLovers party when you and Nancy got settled into your new place. Is that still gonna happen now? I'll Ryde out to that!

Your friend TicketBait
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Glad to see your doing better. I hope all turns out ok in January.
    RT-S # 352; Timeless Black... faster than any other color. Mods: EasternBeaver PC8 Fuse Box, 12v digital dashboard display, RearTrunk internal Lights.
    Pioneer XMP3 hardwired, KewlMetal highway foot rests, PolkAudio Speaker upgrades (dxi525 & dxi400), Custom Garmin Nuvi bracket and wiring, Panel Savers, Custom LED array third brake light and rear signal LED's. Custom mud flap lights. Daytime Running Lights (3wattsx6). Heated Corbin seat with 'Lamonster' cut. JBL 400watt Amp,
    Other secret mods.