Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default What's available in Additional turn signals for front?

We got our '21 RT's a couple weeks ago and can't believe the lack of turn signals up front. Has anyone found any add-ons/auxilary LED's to mount anywhere for additional signal? I know Lamonster has the ones for the mirrors, but what else is out there?
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Spyderpops.com is one of our sponsors. I'm sure he has things you need.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

There are quite a few. Check TricLED and Slingmods as well.

Spyder Garage

Flashing mirror LED's from Spyderpops or Lamonster Garage.

We have a set from each one.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Yeah, our Aussie RTs come with the turn signals built into the mirrors as stock. They are at a good height and very easy to see for oncoming traffic. Unfortunately, we don’t get the brake light in the rear trunk, which would make us far more visible from behind. Strange……

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Fender lights is a must IMO. I put them on both my Spyder and the wife's Ryker.

2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the ideas all..
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I have a kit from, I believe spyderpops, that has fender-mirror-and saddlebag lights on my 20. Very nice set up and not too hard to install! I'm thinking it was the vision kit.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-01-2021 at 08:54 PM. Reason: . .

Spyder Garage
    [B]

2018 Intense Red F3T (See About Me under My Profile for mods)
    2010 Timeless Black RT-622 Trailer
    2014 Timeless Black RTS-SE6, 34,300 Miles, traded May 2019
    2011 Timeless Black RTS-SE5, 15,180 Miles, traded April 2014

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mazo EMS2 View Post
    We got our '21 RT's a couple weeks ago and can't believe the lack of turn signals up front. Has anyone found any add-ons/auxilary LED's to mount anywhere for additional signal? I know Lamonster has the ones for the mirrors, but what else is out there?
    I am so glad you posted this question, I have been thinking the same and just ordered from Lamonster
    2021 Spyder RT-L in Deep Marsala Red/Black - BRP Comfort Seat, Adj Handlebar Riser, Running Board Lights, Driver Backrest, Passenger Armrests. Fobo TPMS, Grip Covers, UltraGard Full & Half Cover, Passenger & Driver Drink Holders, Wide-Vu Side Mirrors, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, SpyderExtras Aluminum Belt Tensioner, Show Chrome Accessory Fuse Block, SpyderExtras Adj Highway Pegs, Carbon Fibre Grills, Full Repair and Maintenance Manual, Kapplock Garmin Nuvo XT Lock & Ram Mount Lock, LidLox Handlebar Helmet Lock, Hopnel Dashboard Storage Pouch/Trunk Organizer/Side Cases, Garmin Nuvo XT GPS, Signal Dynamics Heads Up Voltage Monitor, M1 Motorsports F/R Dash Cam, inView Helmet-Mounted Brake and Turn Signal Light, Pedal Commander w/ Silicone Cover & RAM mount, Spyder Extras Driving Light Bar, Denali D3 Driving Lights, SpyderExtras Light Bar, TAC Designs Side Mirror Stabilizer Kit, Carbon Fibre Trim, Hi-Gain Short Antenna, Headlight Skins, Mirror Turn Signal Lights.

2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red/Black

Active Member SpyderGoldwingOwner's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If I were adding signals lights I would order the ones that go on the front fender by SpyderPops. They look factory & are bright is all out
    2020 Can-Am Spyder RT
    2018 Honda Goldwing DCT

Spyder Garage

I used the SpyderPops kit. I mounted the mirror lights lights on the front of the mirrors instead of the side. This kit also lights up the side markers on the front fenders and rear bags.

If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I wonder if the Aussie turn signal lights are available from our local Spyder dealers? Anyone know if the wiring exists on US models to connect turn signal lights on the mirrors like the Aussies have?
    2020 RT , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Yeah, our Aussie RTs come with the turn signals built into the mirrors as stock. They are at a good height and very easy to see for oncoming traffic. Unfortunately, we don’t get the brake light in the rear trunk, which would make us far more visible from behind. Strange……

Pete
    I love those lights in the mirror. I wish it was a dealer option in the US. I found the part numbers. It would be $230 USD per side to order them. I talked to my dealer and he said they would fit. I would just have to wire them. They appear to only come in black so I would have to paint them as well.
    2021 RT Limited , Deep Marsala Red Metallic (Dark)

Spyder Garage

Do you know if the US wiring has the extra connection available to plug in the Aussie turn signals or would you have to run the wires to the existing turn signals and jump off of them.
    2020 RT , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Schreckftw View Post
    I love those lights in the mirror. I wish it was a dealer option in the US. I found the part numbers. It would be $230 USD per side to order them. I talked to my dealer and he said they would fit. I would just have to wire them. They appear to only come in black so I would have to paint them as well.
    Hi, Schreckftw -- would you please share the parts numbers? Despite the potentially high cost, I may want to go the Aussie route for my wife's RT.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by motoguzziman View Post
    Do you know if the US wiring has the extra connection available to plug in the Aussie turn signals or would you have to run the wires to the existing turn signals and jump off of them.
    Wiring is not there on US models. Must run from existing fender lights.
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

I added these to mine. They are from Custom Dynamics, called LED Boltz. They are white for running lights, and amber for turn signals. Sold as a pair, so what you see is 3 pairs, plus 2 converter modules to change colors. Available black or chrome. They are very bright. This photo caught the ambers on using the hazard flashers.

amber on.jpg
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

@Jetfixer; Those Custom Dynamics look very good. They may just be in my future. Whatever I decide on will be 6k white running lights and amber turns. IMO no other way to do it.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixer View Post
    I added these to mine. They are from Custom Dynamics, called LED Boltz. They are white for running lights, and amber for turn signals. Sold as a pair, so what you see is 3 pairs, plus 2 converter modules to change colors. Available black or chrome. They are very bright. This photo caught the ambers on using the hazard flashers.

amber on.jpg
    Quick question, Is that one set of six lights or three sets of two lights that you have on yours?
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    Quick question, Is that one set of six lights or three sets of two lights that you have on yours?
    Three sets of two. They are sold in pairs according to their website. You also need one controller per side.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanDave View Post
    Three sets of two. They are sold in pairs according to their website. You also need one controller per side.
    That's the way I understood it also but just wanted to make sure.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by motoguzziman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixer View Post
    Wiring is not there on US models. Must run from existing fender lights.
    I'd think that there'll almost certainly be a sub-loom available that you can plug in somewhere to make the Oz mirror back signals plug & play - cos there's no way that BRP individually wires each Aus/NZ spec Spyder as it rolls down the production line!!

Somewhere along that production line, or maybe during the initial loom assembly stage, one or more operator/s will simply grab that sub-loom from the rack/shelf/box; plug it in to the main loom at the appropriate spots; then someone on the main production line will install that Aus/NZ spec loom with mirror light sub-loom attached onto the frame; & finally someone else'll connect it to the mirror back signal lamps/units as they get fitted/the bike goes by....

All you gotta do is identify the part number, where it fits, & then find a supplier... for the OE sub loom & the mirror back signal lamps! . Simples!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

well, gonna rain for the next 2-3 weeks, was planning on installing those lights, looks like a treasure hunt is in order!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mazo EMS2 View Post
    Maybe it is just me, but I have never really worried that much about someone seeing my front turn signals. At least not adding on more. You don't typically hear about someone getting hit because someone didn't see turn signals of an oncoming vehicle. Typically it is someone turning in front of you that gets you and not the other way around. I have always focused on front lights that are on all the time that make me visible and making sure my rear turn signals are super bright. Heck, I have had more close incidents where I had my turn signal on and someone thought I was turning sooner than I really was and tried pulling out in front of me. Especially where there are several entrances really close together.

Surely I am missing something here because I see this topic come up from time to time. How is my logic flawed?
    2021 Spyder RT-L Deep Marsalsa Metalic