Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

This is the best picture I have for the next update, but it is the OEM vented windscreen. It doesn't sound like a big deal, but if you look at the initial pictures that I posted when we bought this last summer, you will notice that it had an aftermarket vented windscreen that was tinted. Sounds great, right? Well up where I am at in central NY and with much of our riding in the Adirondack region, it was nothing short of dangerous - especially in the late summer and fall with the sun being lower in the sky. The problem was that when riding in direct sun, then coming in to the shaded parts of the road because of the densely populated forests and trees, I could NOT see the road going from full sun, to full shade. The windshield was a very dark tint and the transitions were unbearable. I guess if I lived in FL, which is where this Spyder came from, and it was nothing but flat land all round, then it would be OK, but I still don't think you could ride it at night, as I couldn't do that either

Pic-5.jpg

Spyder Garage

OK. Here is my last update from the winter and it is my favorite. I have always hated the black rims that come on the RT-S. My favorite rims were the ones that came on the 2015 Special Series RT. I hunted for a used set, but no luck and even tried to price them new, but could not acquire a part number for them.

So instead, I borrowed an idea from someone on the forum and converted them myself. Considering I am not the best with a dremel, they came out great. On the left is the before and after. Definitely a big difference as far as aesthetics go. They look even better once installed IMO.

Pic-6.jpg Pic-7.jpg